Thruxton Thrux 1200 Seat Options / Korn And Omega Racer?

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by MTBurr, Sep 11, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MTBurr

MTBurr New Member

Jun 22, 2020
    Minnesota
    I have searched and read all the threads I could find about seat options for the Thruxton 1200 / 1200 R, and found very few options, and very little info about the following:
    - JP Vintage seats sold by Omega Racer (Thailand)
    - Korn custom seats sold by Korn9Shop / Favorite9Biker on Etsy (also Thailand; go figure)
    I'm most interested in the seat by "Korn" with the gel pad option. The Etsy reviews are promising, and by all accounts Korn is selling high quality products. (That little tank-strap bag looks pretty neat.) But are their seats substantially more comfortable than the stock Triumph slab-o'-granite? Inquiring minds want to know. Anybody get one of these Korn seats on their Thruxton 1200? How big of an improvement is it in the comfort department? (And same questions for the JP Vintage seat.)
    Thanks!

2. thebigbail

thebigbail Member

May 31, 2019
    Prince George
    I have no experience with the seats you listed, but also found the stock seat uncomfortable. My main complaint was that I found myself sliding against the tank more than I liked.
    I went with the Corbin seat, which I have found much better. It has a slight rise towards the tank, which I find keeps me back a bit better. It is also firm, but shaped well, and therefore comfortable. The workmanship is excellent.

BB6EEAD4-BDF7-456A-AA49-58222F4D6483.jpeg

8B5F7180-7749-485E-8BCB-691D8C059223.jpeg

• Like Like x 2