Throttle Body Syncing

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Ga2wheel, Oct 24, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ga2wheel

Ga2wheel New Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Duluth GA
    Just about to get my speed triple started fir the first time. I plan to check the balance of the throttle bodies.
    Can this only be done with a digital tuning kit or can I do it with a carb tune manually?
    I am sure it will hook up but will it run with the vacuum lines off.
    I suppose if I was to put a “T” on them it would work but that is more than I would like to do.

2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    What year is your speed triple ? You need a set of vacuum gauges, one for each throttle body/carburettor.

3. Ga2wheel

Ga2wheel New Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Duluth GA
    It is a 2006
    I have a carb tune sync tool that I use in all my carbureted bikes. Just didn’t know if connecting it and leaving the vacuum lines off make the ecu not run the fuel injectors correctly

4. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    If you use your Carb Tune ( carb stix or a manometer ), only use it on 2 x TB's at a time and use the RHS TB No.3 as the Master ( this has the TPS mounted on the side ), so you set up No.2 to No.3, then move on to set up No.1 to No.3 This will allow you to keep one vac line connected so should remove any issues there ( dont forget to plug the other two vac lines ).

5. Ga2wheel

Ga2wheel New Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Duluth GA

Thanks, that perfect.
    Just started it this morning, not bad but probably a bit out of balance by the sound.
    But now I know I have at least a bent shift fork. Clunk into first and won’t shift to second. Time to pull the engine and split the cases.
    PO dropped it on the left side and snapped off the shifter lever.