Thoughts After Recall

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Clarkey231, Feb 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Hi,

I've recent!y had the quickshifter recall done. I had zero issues before but now I think the shifter is even better? I did fluff one gearchange into 4th which caused the symptoms people have described in the past. I can vividly remember though that it was a messed up shift before it visit and after that with more positive input its been spot on.

anybody else noticed anything similar?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    #2 SteveRS, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    I’m happy that your quickshifter works even better, you’re fortunate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    yes I wasn’t keen on havin my bike messed with as I’d had no problems but I’m sort of worried now it may go wrong. Is your bike good for you now?
    I know you’ve not got the shifter fitted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm glad to read that your quick shifter is working well, @Clarky231. I know other forum members have had lots of issues with their's but I, like you, have had good luck and success with mine. I had mine changed out even before the recall notice came out based on information I learned on this forum. My local dealership was very cooperative and helpful. Hope yours continues to shift like butter.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    This is a very sore spot for me. In North America the quickshifter comes with the RS model, so yes I have had it on “both” of my Speed RS’s. I’ve also had the new linkage on both bikes. Even with the new linkage the quickshifter destroyed the gearbox on the first bike. On the replacement bike it still false neutrals as well, so I have it deactivated. Triumph has not been able to resolve the issue for me. I’ve called triumph North America and sent an email to the CEO, but they obviously don’t have a fix for the issue. By the way, with the new linkage it’s impossible that the quickshifter won’t work as well as it did before. Unless it was installed incorrectly somehow, it will work just like it did before. The only difference is, it now won’t contact the quickshifter. Did yours even make contact with the quickshifter when the original linkage was on the bike? You see the contact wasn’t the issue on my two bikes. There is more going on than that. And it’s odd that only some speed rs’s have this issue. I rode a BMW S1000R and the quickshifter was flawless and much quicker to upshift as well. I test rode it for about 20 minutes and I was ringing it neck when up shifting to see what would happen. It was a very nice quickshifter. Anyway, it’s too bad because the speed rs is an awesome machine, but the experience hasn’t been as rosy as I’d hoped for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Clarkey231
    Great now stop worrying go and ride the bike. If it did for some reason go wrong it's covered but it won't. You have my word for that.
    Regards & Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Will do!

8. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Thanks and looking forward to better weather!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kaos

Kaos New Member

Aug 15, 2019
    New Mexico
    I had mine done when I stopped by the dealer and they told me of the recall. I actually did have a few blown downshifts and one upshift. No troubles now and when I saw the original linkage there was obvious contact just below the pivot.