Thinking of wheter to buy a triumph

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Nightshaderider, Dec 9, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Nightshaderider

Nightshaderider New Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Joined cause I was thinking of getting a triumph, so I'll get some ideas and recommendations here.

2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Triumph has a big range of bikes, any idea what style of bike you were thinking of? If your current bike is a CBR 600 then the Daytona 675 would be the closest thing in the Triumph range; you would find it had better mid range torque than the Honda, but still quite a small machine. The 675 motor is regarded as one of the best engines ever built by Triumph.
    If you liked the 675 Daytona but wanted a bit more upright position then go for the Street Triple, it is a naked version of the Daytona with a slightly detuned (but more midrange) and upright bars still thought of as the best mid weight naked bike on the market.
    Why buy a Triumph?
    1) They are great value for money.
    2) Good reputation for reliability (But so do Honda's)
    3) Good dealer network and availability of parts
    Would suggest you visit a local dealer and have a test ride (you will need to be over 21 and happy to sign away £800.00 if you bin their bike though)

3. figaro

figaro New Member

Dec 14, 2012
    All the triple engines (any capacity) are bloody superb, plenty of power and torque, smooth as silk and make a great noise. If you want sporty go for the Daytona or Speed/Street triple, day-to-day and touring use is Sprint territory, and the Tigers likewise. I've only tried a couple of Bonnies; they're full of style and character, but the engines feel a bit asthmatic if you're used to big bikes, although they seem to attract loyal ownership so who am I to judge...

I've had two Sprints (955i RS and ST1050) and ridden a 955i Speed Triple and early Bonnevilles, and they're all great bikes, although the transmissions on some of the triples leave a bit to be desired. I'd rate them as good a purchase as any mainstream jap bike, with added character for no extra cost. Reliability's good, dealer back-up good, they're a dead sound purchase.

Choose your weapon...