Thruxton Thinking Of Letting It Go

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by tapwasher, Jun 28, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tapwasher

tapwasher Member

Nov 30, 2015
    west sussex.UK
    #1 tapwasher, Jun 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    i booked my bike in for the MOT at a triumph dealership & i was asked what exhaust was fitted, my reply was the system you fitted 5 years ago, the ARROW 2 into 2 system, as i work nights i missed the booking & took it elsewhere where it passed with NO ADVISORIES, my 2015 thruxton 900 efi, has covered only 6,201 miles,in the 1st 3 years it done 4,709 miles, then 927 miles,374 miles then 191 between mot's, as i have another ride i'm not using it as much as i should, maybe it's time to let it go to someone to appreciate it, it's a looker & in excellent condition.looking at the kawasaki Z900rs. i also have a 2012 kawasaki GTR1400, which i will not get rid of,

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I was in the same situation mate. I've advertised my 900 Thruxty earlier this year and got a couple of fair offers to be honest, together with the usual wheel kickers, but the bike remains there in the garage and I can't say I'm too sad about it. I still find it fun to ride and its my bike of choice when I just want to go out on my own and ride around the leafy lanes. My advice fwiw. Keep it, if you can afford to, and get the Kwacker to sit alongside it.