Rocket Thinking About It

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by dilligaf, May 4, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Broadside

Broadside Member

Feb 24, 2018
    Cambridgeshire
    Don't forget it's easy to spin that 240 rear tyre if you want to ! I did today but didn't intend to :eek:

07425ecd2b1c393879e63eb07aaec176.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Has Nudger taken offense yet and left you stranded for thinking about another bike dill...you know its going to happen when you least expect it;)

And besides you do realize you will have to carry a portable jack ...if you ever drop the R3 your fooked.:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Won’t be happening this year mate :(
    Might not happen at all :confused:

Then again :p

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    My Trident has already started making me pay for talking about getting rid...
    the non start the other week when reemerging from the house was the start..just waiting for the next little surprise.:worried:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Ok here’s the deal :)
    I Feckin love NUDGER to bits :heart_eyes:
    But here’s the rub:confused:
    I got NUDGER on one of those PCP deals :confused: something I said I would never do for a motorbike but I simply had to have a 2018 Speedmaster :imp:
    He ticks all the boxes for me but I couldn’t wait a few years for second hand ones at a more affordable price :(
    Of course that means at some point I have to find the money for the balloon payment :sob:
    I’ve already started saving for the dreaded day but if at the time I don’t think it’s worth it compared to what the second hand values are then I’m afraid NUDGER will be gone :sob:
    Then I’ll seriously and I mean seriously consider a Rocket lll:eek:
    In the meantime I’ll be putting NUDGER to good use doing the things I love....... rallies and the like :cool:
    Everything I’ve made/altered can be returned to standard if I have to hand him back :sob:

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Well said that man.....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Or you could go back into Triumph and see what they can do with swapping out Nudger for a Rocket 3 now ...
    Just saying :D:imp:

• Like Like x 2
  8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:eek: Wash your mouth out :mad:
    I haven’t had him a year yet :(
    Besides I’m still in love :heart_eyes::p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Still in love but lusting after a newer squeeze, that's how divorce happens :eek::broken_heart::poop:

But only saying what your thinking :imp:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    I am also thinking of getting a rocket maybe in the winter when the prices may be a bit better. I am looking for the older 2008 style as I do not like the new Roadster. I bought the Thunderbird this year thinking that the Rocket maybe too heavy to go from a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 but now I am used to the Thunderbird, I also would like to get the Rocket.

• Like Like x 2
  11. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Don't count on prices being better the longer you wait - there is a marked increase in value of well kept Rockets. In my opinion - if you see it, can afford it - buy it. 83407_87380d1bfcb1d904cda060a871af1b2e.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    The Triumph is not that well accepted here in Canada. It is Harley country and it does sell at a reasonable value for the buyer here. Also I need to sell my Kawasaki Vulcan 900 too before I buy it. LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Davvid

Davvid Member

Jun 18, 2018
    NB, Canada
    The Triumph is not that well accepted here in Canada. It is Harley country and it does sell at a reasonable value for the buyer here. Also I need to sell my Kawasaki Vulcan 900 too before I buy it. LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:grinning:Not thinking about it anymore :p
    R3R ordered today :cool: 5375800F-DD36-48AC-82C4-DD6930BA955F.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yep :imp:

• Funny Funny x 1