Think Your Bikes Safely Tucked Away In the Garage?? Think Again! TAKE 2

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Thruccyboy, Feb 2, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Good evening all,
    Yes it`s me your resident security expert, adviser & born worrier about being broken into.....

So, you have got all the latest security chains pinched er borrowed from Tilbury Docks Port & you think your now immune from people breaking in eh????
    Well, if you really want to know if someones in your garage or shed eyeing up your pride & joy???? Then look at this on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Security-Driveway-Controller-Battery/dp/B00GUBJJ96/ref=pd_rhf_se_s_cp_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=411eSRJq7QL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_SL500_SR135,135_&refRID=0CNQ34NTM4CSY4E2CHP3
    It`s a really clever idea. Put the sensor in your garage where any unknowing scumbag er person will break the beam & inside your house with a battery receiver (mains ones available too if you search them out) a "ding-dong" (not the Leslie Phillips sort) will ring out if the 20mtr beam is broken. With a range of up to 300 feet, it`s ideal if your garage is at the bottom of your garden. Obviously, it wont suit everybody`s situation, but for the price, it represents good security value for money
    I brought one (mains powered receiver) & have hours of fun watching my family in turn going to the front door to see who`s there!!!
    Oh yes, it also means that I don`t need to bolt & secure the garage door when I`m about the house as the warning is very loud. It also has some horrendously corny tunes if you must, but for me it`s just a "ding dong" chime to know that someone`s crossed the line & it`s time to let the mother-in-law loose on em.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D
    Sleep tight(er)
    Tboy

• Like Like x 2
  2. That looks excellent for the money - thanks for sharing.

3. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    I've got cctv + decent locks on my garage, but I don't know til now if there is somebody in there.....cheap & works well as an alerter.

4. You can't beat being alerted, its the most effective tool in my opinion.

CCTV is useful for identifying suspects (if you're lucky) and getting accurate crime times and locks just slow them down.

It's also handy to get on with your neighbours, all of mine know what I have in my garage and to call 999 if they ever see anyone other than me in there.

These were ground anchored in an internal garage and stolen while the occupants slept; http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/r...d_and_professional_theft_in_norwich_1_4408656

5. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Ground anchors need fitting correctly....if there's even the slightest gap between the anchor and the floor, then it's open to prying & it's game over.
    After seeing first hand the results of my neighbours burglary, it shocked me into security paranoia & it immediately set in.
    If you want a cheap way of making your house look secure, buy an 'adt' dummy alarm box off eBay, & because scumbags know they are a monitored alarms, most will walk on by.
    At the end of the day, you are trying to make these thieves look for an easier option,sad but true.

6. PETER CLARKE

PETER CLARKE Senior Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Thank you Thruccyboy good link and review a must at this price:)

7. Yaya rider

Yaya rider Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Essex
    My house came with one of these, and I've just added a few more sensors, only £10 a pop. The range is 30m, so just about enough to put a motion sensor in the garage, and trust me, it's bloody loud!

http://www.screwfix.com/p/yale-hsa6200-wireless-alarm-kit/97114

I'm actually thinking of rigging a window sensor together so I can secure the bike more directly when it's parked out the front.

For £100, it's not bad if you haven't got a house alarm already.

8. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    If you are paying this type of money for yale alarm you may think about a remote control operated mains power alarm unit that come with wireless pir sensors and if you want to wire in a siren you can, as well as a smoke alarm that sends a text to you mobile when triggered, you also can listen in via mobile phone, this with out extern or intenal siren becomes a silent alarm so does not alert neighbours or disturbs them either but if you have a arrangement with a neighbour they can always call in plod if you are not around to do it,these alarms can be found on eBay, I have one and it works well for me.

9. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    #9 Thruccyboy, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Wireless alarms have improved so much. When they first come out, a certain mini cab that used to come down our road used to set off at least 3 alarms down the road :D:D:D As they were on the same frequency!!

10. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    That use to happen on my TV

11. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Even a dummy alarm box will make em think twice

12. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Anything is a deterrent but if they want it they will take it, I hav'nt got anything special and they would probably take it when bike is out of garage anyway:(

13. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    #13 crispey, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Right!! will you stop with this post now, I'm not getting any sleep, any noise and I'm out of bed like a flash and falling down the stairs with me baseball bat.[​IMG]

14. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Why has HT got the keys

15. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    He hasn't....I have em!
    A few donar parts for my Thruccy are always welcome....but not the panels as they are blue!

• Like Like x 1