Thin Blue Line

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rich Bryce, Nov 30, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Before the next moan that police aren't on every corner stopping scrotes stealing motorcycles check out Sky News A Thin Blue Line. It focuses on the woefully underfunded Bedford force where my daughter is a detective.

My wee girl appears at about 4:15 as one of the detectives investigating a missing child. She's one of the Safeguarding team in the meetings that follow, and knocking doors later when she's the lead officer that finds him unharmed. She's soon to transfer to the three counties serious crimes team, which as you'll see is way over worked. The force is 20% underresourced due to budget cuts.

It's very illuminating and shines a light on the Government's austerity programme via the back door affecting every one of us in one way or another.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Avinarant

Avinarant Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Leeds
    I recently retired after 31yrs in the Old Bill, West Yorkshire style, twenty years of that as a DS working in the Serious & Organised Crime shit. Wish her all the best and good luck, it's hard, stressful, dangerous but fantastic, I've added a picture she might appreciate.

46353000_10217640349022370_7679348989208035328_n.jpg

• Like Like x 5