Touring Thebiglad's coming to UK - lock up your daughters - aaaaaargh !!

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by thebiglad, Apr 24, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Well hello there boys and girls. This years little motorcycle outing is to the UK.

Getting the boat over on Saturday night the 16thMay to arrive in sunny Newhaven at 7am - anyone know any good cafes for a brekky between there and Bishops Waltham?

Going to bike meeting of the Idiot Collective at BW, spend some time there before moving on to Yeovil, to see Big Sis.

After that Barnstaple and more family, then Kidderminster to see pals and get filled upon excellent fish 'n chips. Feet up for a day or so, then onto Leeds to see more rellys and ride the Yorkshire Dales.

Return via Northampton for a night on the sauce, then ACE Café, then boat home.

Just a little jaunt really..................................

Dave

• Like Like x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    great stuff Dave let us know when you are at the Ace or any others and I'll come and have a brew. or Loomies or alton

3. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That would be great mate, would really like that. How far is Loomies from Bishops Finger - sorry Waltham ?

4. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Hey what happens if I've no daughters as the title reads? Give me a shout when your Mr Leeds and we'll have a cuppa int cafe somewhere? E

5. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Meant to say nr not Mr (predictive text!!)

6. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That would be great mate.

This is exactly what I was hoping for, being able to put faces to names.

7. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Loomies is About 14 miles away from BW, junction of A32 and A272. Alton is about 30 mins so will give you a bit of a ride. Let us know what dates are good and I'll see wether I'm working or not

regarding cafes from Newhaven : Whiteways café take A284 out of Arundel 10 min detour. Micks Burger Bar Portsdown Hill road opp churchillian pub just off A3 out of Portsmouth, unfortunately they don't have inside seating.

8. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I'll arrive in at Newhaven UK at 7am on the morning of the Sunday the 17th May and from there the Bishops Waltham area.

On the return trip it'll be about 10pm on Monday the 25th May.

Dave

9. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    If i'm not working it would be great to meet up.
    The Ace or Loomies is not to far for me.
    If your in the Northampton area the Jacks Hill Cafe or The Super Sausage are both on the A5

10. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I can't remember Jack's Hill but the Super/Giggling sausages were firm favourites, as was The Kingsthorpe Tandoori - YUM YUM !!

Dave

11. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Well the ferry is booked and paid for, so it must be real :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

• Like Like x 1
  12. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    My mate Steve runs Wessons Cafe but it doesn't open until 9 on Sunday (and it's not quite on the way to Bishops Waltham). I'll have a think......

13. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi FB, just had a quick look and it looks like a nice place but it's going in the wrong direction.

The Sunday will be my first day in UK and I'm already planning to do a fair few miles that day as it is, so I'm not really inclined to add more. Plus I've just had an e-mail from Big Sis and it might be that I have to stay there a little longer.

She's just moved back to UK and isn't managing very well.

Families eh?

Dave

14. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Looks like Loomies is going to be the first port of call Sunday the 17th May, so does anyone know if they do a good cooked brekky?

Dave

15. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    I did wonder whether it would be too far out of your way. Nice cafe though and Steve has Rocket a III that sits in the cafe when he's working!

The time is an issue. I know a few cafes on the coast road but none open until 9. The Maderia Biker Cafe is perfectly positioned and opens at 7 but there is a Mini Owners run on the 17th May and Madeira Drive may be closed from early morning.

I will continue to think.

16. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yup they do. I'm working that Sunday but might be around Monday tues wed

17. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Well it's good that they do a good brekky, so that's sorted.

Unfortunately mate it looks like we won't be getting together though. I'm on a pretty tight schedule and will need to be near Yeovil by Sunday night, then moving on further. Damn !!!!!!

Dave

18. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    What time will you be at Loomies?
    Might be able to make it,just so you don;t have to eat alone.

19. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That's very kind of you RR. I would think it'll take about 1.5hrs from Newhaven to Loomies (66mls) so I would expect to be there by between 9 and 9:30 am.

Dave

20. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    As Tigcraft says! :):eek: Squires at (well, near! Newthorpe, actually) Sherburn perchance? o_O