The Worst Thing About Triumph

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Yardi, Nov 13, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Yardi

Yardi New Member

Nov 7, 2022
    Kansas
    … for me is, how dang far away the dealer is.

I’m thinking of trying to make a relationship with my Kawi/Honda pusher here in town again, so I don’t have to travel two city’s over every time I need something. What do you think?

And no! My hands don’t work. At all. Softest things you’ve ever felt.

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

18CC7231-2F72-4F2C-BDD5-60518E240143.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Hi there! Welcome to the forum! ;)
    For me, the 100 km one way to my dealer is a must. All closer can not keep up in terms of quality of work management. To me it is therefore worth the trip!
    Your bike looks great!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    Has that Suzi really been there long enough to have a plant growing on it?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Welcome.
    Interesting exhaust ;) more details please?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yardi

Yardi New Member

Nov 7, 2022
    Kansas
    Unfortunately… yes. The bike died, and no one where we live can get her up and running. Now she needs a complete overhaul… but try finding anyone anywhere near Topeka Kansas who wants to take my money.

Dead bike rusting she is. The memories though…. My wife refuses to trash it.

6. Yardi

Yardi New Member

Nov 7, 2022
    Kansas
    Hey! I got really long legs so in spite of what some say about me being a wimp and a …, here in the Kansas summer, my right leg got hot AF! So I did something about it.

It’s a Zard and I love it. In retrospect, it totally changes the look, but it sounds awesome and even provides the occasional pop’n crackle! They sell high ones too that don’t have Catalytic converters so in theory should be cooler. I just wasn’t chancing it… and now you know!

7. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Spot on, sounds like we both think alike.
    I quite like the Scrambler but lets be honest its not an offroad bike and never will be unless it goes on a major diet like 60 kgs (130 lbs in your numbers).
    The standard higher level exhaust is not to my liking but yours looks the part.

I'll have a read up on the Zard option, cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yardi

Yardi New Member

Nov 7, 2022
    Kansas
    W
    We indeed do think alike!

The reason I picked the scrambler was A. because I had land on a dirt road. But as you said, it’s way too much of a fatty to be a real off-road. Which leaves me with B.

I wanted a heavy bike. It gets crazy windy out here on the plains of Kansas, and I tried tooling about on a 400lb bike. Sometimes you drive sideways to go forward! The extra heft is just killer sweet when the wind howls out here! The fatty mess that is the scrambler in the city comes into it’s own out here in the open!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    My offroader is sub 70kg ( less than 150 lbs) but as you say, in the right place, weight adds stability so not always a bad thing only when your using it for the wrong task.

VideoCapture_20220619-131340.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    What I find bizarre about the Zard @Yardi is the primary header lengths can be nowhere near equal unless I'm missing something :(

11. Yardi

Yardi New Member

Nov 7, 2022
    Kansas
    Oh hey now… I have no engineering skills so all I’ll say is it Italian, form over function?

hahaha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Normally, and even more so on 2 strokes ( although valves equals piston position) , the primary lengths i.e. exhaust valve to other cylinder external pipe joint, is kept equal so that all cylinders contribute evenly.
    Think of things like .... hey wake up you in the corner.... reversionary waves... eh what..... yes you know things coming backwards to suck the new charge in..... oh yeah think I know what you mean man,eh :rolleyes: whilst your there pass me another beer? :blush:

Think I need to stop posting after a few glasses of wine :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Yardi

Yardi New Member

Nov 7, 2022
    Kansas
    Or post more

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Butthen we'll end up wit post lyk this an itll make eveen les sinse... :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1