The weather

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Richard H, Mar 21, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Officially spring time now, but where the hell is it? Feels like Siberia out, snow forcast, gritters out and if it isn't snowing or freezing it's pissing it down with rain. Starting to to get stir crazy with the bike still under cover in the garage.
    Worst still I work as a landscape gardener :frown:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    I hear what your saying, not the best climate for me owning a bike shop let alone the bloody economic climate arrghhh! I sold my MV in Oct 2011 and sad to say I'm pleased I did! I doubt I would have had a chance to do even a couple 1000 miles on her! However I'm very unfortunate because I have to go on holiday to Egypt next month :) it is my 1st holday in 3 years mind you.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Feeling your pain.... Glad I'm in a office, but have the option to travel about....best of both worlds for me...

4. flapinflares

flapinflares Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    Another weekend screwd. woke up to snow this morn. :mad: enjoy your Holls cc:upyeah:

5. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like this shoot weather is coming all this week too :eek:

6. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Cabin fever is starting to set in now :frown:

7. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  8. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    My Mrs is off 'oop North' for a few days on Thursday so I've got a couple of days of freedom, under normal circumstances I'd be heading for the hills on the America. Looks like with these temperatures I won't be getting too far. I ride for pleasure, & there aint no pleasure in freezing yer nuts off!

• Like Like x 1
  9. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    I think you`re more likely to be heading for the hills with your sledge mate :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Me thinks a bit of green Laning is required.... Mud glorious mud... Although its pretty hard when its snowed..

image.jpg

If the weathers not too bad I will be out at some point over Easter...

Got a corporate day planned on Sunday at Brands hatch.... At least it will get me out of the house..

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Like wise Screwball, the DRZ will be out in the snow this weekend....

• Like Like x 1
  12. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Looks like the icey weather might be on its way out and the forcast for this next weekend looks dry. :smile: Make the most of it it will probably rain for the next month.

• Like Like x 2
  13. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    had a little run about today, nothing much. Very pleasent out there... not much wind and a WARM sun.. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Decision made heading to Matlock Bath for lunchtime today (Sat) if any of you spot a Purple Street and a red Speed triple parked up there come and say hello.

15. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    P1070696.jpg

Made it up Derbyshire today 7th April amazed how much snow is still around (+tonnes of road salt :eek:). This is heading from Newhaven towards Cromford. Where the hell is summer??

P1070696.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Blimey. I've not seen snow for a few weeks. You guys had it bad.... Brilliant sun and dry roads for me.. went out and scrubbed tyres in. Initial impression are good.
    Bike is great and i cant wait to open her up.. Running in sucks... But i moved shift light to 7.5K as it was always on on factory setting of 3.5K....

17. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The roads were dry here for the most part except where snow was melting and running across the road. Know what you mean about the shift lights, had them flashing a lot when I was running in.

Now with 1500 miles on and love the engine, never had a 3 cylinder engined bike before; low down torque a bit like my old Ducati but smoother, linier power, and plenty going on when you rev it.

18. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Toyed with the idea of Peak District this weekend and Matlock but figured it would of still been worse up there so did the A6006 to Rutland water, sat and sun... Sat was by far the better day..... Roll on summer:upyeah: