Featured The Ultimate Price

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Repooh, Apr 25, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I belong to a riding group of around 500 members across London and the South East

This past Easter weekend two people lost their lives whilst out riding, not with the riding club but out with friends in separate instances, both fairly experienced

Reminds us all our passion can come at the ultimate cost

Intrigued by the causes I looked at this Rospa report posted earlier this year, interesting and sobering read

https://www.rospa.com/rospaweb/docs...orcyclists/common-motorcycle-crash-causes.pdf

Ride safe my virtual friends

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    The guy whos bike I saw being lifted onto a recovery lorry on Saturday, after he was t-boned at a country driveway, is alive and out of intensive care, he has two broken vertebrae, multiple ribs, and other bones.
    Ride Safe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    #3 Wessa, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Realy sorry to hear about the couple of riders who did not make it through the weekend. The report is a great read and endorses what we as motorcyclist insticatively know, but do not always act up on. A sobering reminder that when you get on the bike you have to be on the top of your game every outing....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    It's always good to be reminded about the dangers, i was surprised there was no mention about the "casual" rider, someone that maybe only goes out once a month,there has been studies that show the more miles you do on a motorbike the less likely you are to be involved in any incidents

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Doesn't always work. Not long after I bought my Aprilia RSV in '02 I was riding southbound down the motorway when I saw a car going northbound skid. It hit the central reservation which ripped the entire plastic bumper (fender for you colonials ;)), that then flew over the central reservation and hit me square on down my right hand side. Luckily it came at me vertically and not horizontally, still broke my collarbone and almost wrote off the bike (I stayed on it and pulled over to the side) but better than losing my head :p
    Sometimes it doesn't matter how much you ride or how safe or observant you are, they're just going to get you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    WTF not good at all.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep totally agree, you can only do your best.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sco

Sco New Member

so very sorry to read about such sad incidents occuring whilst in the pursuit of pleasure .. RIP to your friends

• Agree Agree x 1