The Thrill Has Gone!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tricky-Dicky, Sep 17, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Well not quite but its becoming a little tedious, what i mean is since inheriting the hardtail and after the initial build and 2 years of riding it, and not a lot of miles i have finally come to the conclusion that its not as i remember it from 30 years ago,
    Took it out on my own yesterday and on a decent road its not too bad but as soon as i get on any of the B roads and lanes around my neck of the woods its starting to take the pleasure out of riding...just too shaky...i think my vision was blurred for about 30 mins afterwards.

I had kind of made the decision to sell it and by something more modern (Triumph of course)tried a couple of over priced adds to see if it would sell without success a while ago but i think this will push me to being serious about it, it a shame as i really wanted to keep it as a tribute to my late mate but i really cannot afford another bike without selling this one.

So will i enjoy a nice comfy newer Triumph as much, must bit the bullet and get a test ride sometime as i haven't ridden anything with proper suspension for years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Sorry to hear that your hardtail doesn't live up to your memories. I can't think of anything I did 30 or 40 years ago that I enjoy as much today - except a good steak or lobster, and I couldn't afford them back then. Maybe you could trailer it to the places that you want to ride, and enjoy those locations while enduring the smart-ass comments from others. Or, if you really want to get rid of it, maybe post pictures on the various forums to see if anyone is interested. Good luck with your choices.

3. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Keep her for those A roads and buy a modern Triumph for the rest it's only money :) if you get in trouble sell the new one on bikes hold money pretty well

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steve Gledhill

Steve Gledhill New Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Alberta Canada
    Omg yes
    I’m 45 years away from riding and my new Speedmaster is good for 1000 km a day no worries get it

• Like Like x 2
  5. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    It's a tricky one Dick, think hard about your emotional attachment to bike and late mate, once it's gone will you want it back, is it worth more to you than you'll get for it?

6. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Thirty years scrubs from memory all suspension shortcomings just as ruthlessly as it destroys the elasticity of your ar*e.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Yeas, hard tails can be a pain in the @r$e. And those advancing years don't help.

8. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Yeah being refereed to as a hard ass is not quite the same once your past 60.;)