Featured The Te-01 Prototype Is Finished

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Markus, Feb 10, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Triumph has finished the development of the TE-01 prototype. In the following 6 months there will be losts of calibration and testing.
    In summer 2022 the first rides on race tracks will take place.

Triumph_TE01_Prototyp_001.jpg

Triumph_TE01_Prototyp_002.jpg

Triumph_TE01_Prototyp_003.jpg

Triumph_TE01_Prototyp_004.jpg

Triumph_TE01_Prototyp_005.jpg

Triumph_TE01_Prototyp_006.jpg

Triumph_TE01_Prototyp_007.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Aha, a Speed Triple with a washing machine motor, I’d take one for a spin :p

Looks pretty good, no?

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    I'll be surprised if Tesla don't start making some complaints about possible copyright infringement with that rear light!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Best effort I have seen so far for a leccy bike :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 11
  5. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    It looks pretty good. I'm quite looking forward to the electric stuff to be honest. Unfortunately I probably wont be on bikes too long to be able to see these develop too much.
    Given what Triumph have said about this one's development I think I may give this one a go - even if it's just a test run as I'm expecting a bloody big bill to be announced as well.
    Those lights up front will be hitting the bin pretty fast though if I do get one. And, please, let's not see one of those really stupid wrap around number plates on the back wheel.
    Come on Triumph let's see what you are really made of.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    #7 Octoberon, Feb 10, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    I hope my biking career with see the early days of electric bikes. Not because I don't like the engines we have now; it means I'll still be riding bikes! Because it's a prototype the first e-Triumph may not be quite so esoteric. Then again, it doesn't look so radical that you would expect it to be drastically different.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    You probably won't want to if it only does 1400 RPM like my washing machine ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    It certainly looks like a motorbike. I reckon a test ride will be in order. I wonder how heavy it will be?

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    Looks quite sexy, looking forward to see how the sound aspect is addressed, it’s my single biggest quandary from a safety perspective and most importantly I’m a chauvinist so love the sound of my bike.
    Then comes the charging modes. Mode 4 seems to be the only comprehendible method unless u fancy looking like a modern Rambo with a cable wrapped around your body.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    I only ever go for the fast spin

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. painless

painless Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2021
    Powell River BC
    I have a sister who owns a Tesla, before she bought it she rented an electric Audi and drove from Vancouver to Vanderhoof about 550 miles, it can be done in about 10 to 12 hours after stopping for gas and food in a conventional car.
    It took her 3 days, you have to find a place to charge the battery and can only get as far as the next charging station that is within range, I am still shaking my head about it. You hear stories about the electric highway in Canada that will let you drive you electric car from one end to the other, the story is some of the charging station are powered with diesel gensets or 60 Teslas lined up in Hope, BC waiting to charge their battery. I think they still have a long way go.
    As far as an electric motorcycle, no thanks, part of my enjoyment is working on them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I do like that.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Riding any electric bike is a pretty sterile experience for any petrol head no matter what performance they offer. A ride to work commuting hack maybe but a sport or sport tourer? Sales of these bikes will be dependant solely on numbers, range, recharge time and cost, especially cost. They will have to be impressive numbers to convert bikers en mass and they're still way off what will widely be considered practical and acceptable. The Elephant in the room here is the sourcing of material to manufacture all these batteries.This drive to battery powered vehicles will turn out to be just a stop gap measure IMO and will fall flat on it's face at some point before Hydrogen is realised as the only answer and takes over, be it fuel cell or Hydrogen burning ICE's. Just my two penneth.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2