The Street Twin Spy Shots...

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Rip, May 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rip

Rip New Member

May 18, 2019
    UK
    #1 Rip, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Edit/ the title was supposed to say Speed Twin...

So will the Speed Twin in the spy shots actually be a thing at some point? As in, the twin headlights and the suspension that seems to be lifted from the Thruxton R?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd buy that, with the suspension and cast wheels etc

Yes you could buy a Thruxton R and add the handlebar kit but you wouldn't have the cast wheels, tank design, coated engine cases or twin headlights etc

2. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Twin front disks, could it be a speed twin, or test bed for various parts or accessories?

Does look good.

3. Rip

Rip New Member

May 18, 2019
    UK
    #3 Rip, May 18, 2019
    Well my next bike was going to be a Street Triple RS but a mate of mine just got a Thruxton R which has modern suspension (Ohlins and Shows), modern brakes (Brembo), traction control, rider modes and ABS and to be fair it holds its own against my MT-09 (which has some performance upgrades including Ohlins) on the A & B roads. He's also added an Arrow header with de-cat and Remus pipes and it sounds immense. I just don't fancy the Thruxton R styling myself, if they made a Speed Twin R version I reckon I'd buy one pretty quick.

4. Rip

Rip New Member

May 18, 2019
    UK
    #4 Rip, May 18, 2019
    I think it was a concept Speed Twin that was dialled back to fit in a certain price point within the range, they should really bolt the bits back on (plus a quickshifter) call it an R version, hike the price a little and release it. A more performance oriented Speed Twin would surely be a desirable bike.

5. Rip

Rip New Member

May 18, 2019
    UK
    Yes sorry I meant Speed Twin originally but typed Street for some reason, even so, there currently no such Speed Twin with the spec in those spy shots sadly.