Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Featured The Street 765rs Is Going ... Replaced By?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Bad Billy, Jul 24, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    Well I am an impulsive creature and after 15 months and 5,600 mile of trouble free riding I fancy a bit of a change. This was brought on in part by the recent trip to Spain and riding in the company of some mates on their Super Bikes, I just hankered after another Super Bike, but I like something a little different and love a V Twin, always liked the KTM RC8R so started looking. Last weekend I found one, she looks very tidy, I pick her up this Saturday ... only 4 more sleeps! :D RC8 1.jpg RC8 2.jpg RC8 3.jpg RC8 4.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    If ever there was a bike designed to reduce front tyre wear that has to be it. Have a load of fun when you get it. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    Ha ha! yes and no traction control to stop you keeping the wheel up! :relieved::joy::laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. andyc1

andyc1 #2121313
    Subscriber

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Very nice! Thats a bike that will teach you some manners :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    TBH Andy the RS is the first bike I have owned with any electronic rider aids on it, I am old school really, I quite like feeling the power rather than electronics doing it for you, whether it'll teach me manners or not it another question :laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dave C

Dave C Active Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Does this mean you'll be disappearing to a KTM forum mate, lol, just kidding, enjoy that great "new bike coming soon" feeling and tons of fun when you get it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    Already a member of the KTM forum mate!
    Will still be around on here though, don’t think I’ll be the only non Triumph riding member.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    3 more sleeps!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. joe mc donald

joe mc donald Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Nice machine love the colour.Enjoy the ride. I did think the 765's were the machine to have at present but never could understand why they replaced the 675's as they were fantastic.
    Ride Safe
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    Hi Joe,
    Yes the 765RS is a cracking bike so was the 675R I had before it, but just fancied a change again, I get like that!
    I have always liked V twins, triples too but V twins suit my riding style better.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrOrange

MrOrange The Lunatics have definitely taken over !!!!
    Staff Member Subscriber

Oct 28, 2015
    the Heart of Darkness
    V-twin and Orange, doesn't get any better.
    Rode one of these a few years back, proper fun. Bloody uncomfy but IIRC everything is adjustable.

Have fun, and yes you may stay around, all the best Triumph Owners have orange V-twin's. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    Cheers Mr Orange, glad I picked one in the right colour then! Wouldn't like to be excommunicated!

Not sure just how uncomfy it will be but hoping the adjust-ability of everything eases my pain.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. MrOrange

Staff Member Subscriber

Oct 28, 2015
    the Heart of Darkness
    The one I rode, got sold soon after, he couldn't cope with the back pain !!! :eek: Most uncomfortable bike he ever owned :tired_face:

But hopefully she'll fit you nice :laughing:

:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    I guess it's all relative, the most uncomfortable bike I have owned (so far :worried:) was the RSV-R Factory, was absolute fecking nightmare at anything but balls out nutter speeds, strange coz the Mille RSV-R I had before it wasn't bad at all :confused:, let's hope next week I haven't got a new most uncomfortable bike nomination :cold_sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. MrOrange

Staff Member Subscriber

Oct 28, 2015
    the Heart of Darkness
    Yep, folk always complained about how uncomfortable the SV650 Sport(fully faired, drop bars) was, but I loved it, most comfortable I have ever been on a bike. Its all relative.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. MrOrange

Staff Member Subscriber

Oct 28, 2015
    the Heart of Darkness
    I have that KTM 250, now that is seriously uncomfortable. Max is about 40 miles and then my arse is in agony. Once just rode trails till I came to the end, it was brilliant, about 40 miles off-road through the forests. Popped out on a road, pulled up google maps for the best way home - 50 feckin miles !!!! :p

Not sure I could find my way back thru the forest, so had to be roads. I was hopping about like a cat on a hot tin roof, one arse cheek for a mile, other one, stand up thru village, was nearly in tears by the time I got home :sob::sob::sob:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. andyc1

andyc1 #2121313
    Subscriber

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I loved the 675.. had a street triple and a Daytona. the street was more fun and had the best induction noise ever! the Daytona had a wicked engine, I mean class! I imagine the 765 to be the best of both worlds but I have stayed away from a test ride :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  18. andyc1

andyc1 #2121313
    Subscriber

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Looking at that RC8 makes me bits tingle :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    2 more sleeps! :zzz::sleeping:

• Like Like x 3
  20. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You're not getting a bit excited, are you BB.

• Agree Agree x 1