The Lengths Bike Thieves Will Go To

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by steve lovatt, Feb 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    This has just been posted on a local Facebook site.
    Thieves have actually cut a hole in the wall of the Ducati dealers here in Winchester and had a V4 away. Apparently avoided the cctv and alarm sensors.
    Obviously a professional job but FFS is nothing safe? :mad:

FB_IMG_1582219719943.jpg FB_IMG_1582219710412.jpg

• WTF WTF x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep a pro job and you are correct Steve nothing is really safe. We call insurance companies, but they do have their uses ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I don't have respect for them, they are all scum bags. These twats just have a bit more about them, but they are still scum bags :mad:

• Agree Agree x 13
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I agree they are professionals and very skilled at what they do, but they are still scum bags. And they impact all of us in our pockets by their efforts :imp:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    I can see where @Dozers Dad is coming from but these scrotes, all scrotes, go on to further education if they are of this mentality. What starts off as petty crime either develops by them talking to their "friends" or they get caught and the tax payers funds their development to the next level at a cost of about £30k/yr :(o_O:mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I guess I just cannot have any respect for these people, whether they are nicking off us (joe public) or a business. Ask anybody on the forum that have had their bikes nicked what they think about these kind of people. Having said all that I do respect your point of view mate :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Neat job and obviously an effective bit of prior research..... if only these people could put the same effort into society in a positive wayl!

Certainly not a sledgehammer smash and grab whilst fortunately missing the cctv and sensors :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Went to a gunshop the other week and I know the guy to talk to. Turns out theyd been broken into via the roof. The only camera strangely not working was on that corner of the building and by "fishing" out an air rifle rather than climbing in they didnt activate the sensors.
    Typical Police response, copper turns up and owner says look over there as it looks like they came by quad?

Coppers response was a beauty " I arent walking down that field, I'll get my shoes plastered!"

FFS :mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Sledgehammer.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Are you saying they cut the sides with the saw? I see no sharp edges to the hole. If they did use a saw why are the blocks smashed into small pieces, surely a couple of vertical cuts and one on top would leave one large piece.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Found these German Jack Boots for ya Jez :joy:
    They’ll go with your soon to be acquired ditch pump:joy::p B5F891DC-B837-4289-814D-0761B59BCB6B.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  12. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Let's just hope that whoever did it their balls turn square and rot from the corners inwards.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

How can you be sure none of us was there :p

• Funny Funny x 6
  14. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    So a paedophile is a a scum bag but you respect someone who runs a paedophile ring? I don’t quite go along with your logic but as you said not everyone will agree with you

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  15. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Not sure about the disc cutter @Dozers Dad as the edges are too ragged although could have been used to initiate a weak spot in the centre of the hole.
    Outer picture top left corner appears to show a number of hammer rash from possibly sledgehammer misses.
    What surprises me if a sledgehammer was the tool of choice is the lack of cracks radiating from the hole. Was it a brickie type guy with a lump hammer and bolster chisel after the initial opening?
    Also it looks to me for the hole to have been driven from both sides, see the small bits of rubble evidence inside and out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    One last thought before bed, have they actually taken a bike cos the dust on the floor doesn't look like it has been disturbed and the hole isn't tall enough to wheel a bike out, it would have to have been laid over and dragged partly on its side?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Rogue hammer marks top left of hole in first pic, aimed a bit too high ?

18. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Yes @littleade the dpc is a nice convenient structural weakspot to start things from.

19. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Feckin hell everyone’s trying to be Miss Marple tonight :joy:

• Funny Funny x 6
  20. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Bet ya on that one @Yorkshireman , post 29 ;)