Featured The Great (red) Salt Lake

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Encierros, Aug 17, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Encierros

Encierros Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2020
    Utah
    There's a railroad causeway that divides the Great Salt Lake in Utah. The northern part apparently has a lot of red algae. Between the months of August and September, the algae concentration is higher making the water appear red or pink. I thought it might be a unique scrambler ride to get up there and check it out. (Google pic attached.)

Has anyone tried riding that dirt road along the tracks? I've done some searching and haven't found info if it's open to any traffic.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    I have never been to that part of Utah, but that is cool. Thanks for sharing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    It's certainly an awesome sight I have seen it but don't know if you can ride by motorcycle

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow, that is an awesome and unique sight! If you get up there to see it in person, @Encierros, please be sure to provide us with a report and photos!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Looks like it's possible - not sure if it's allowed, though...

upload_2020-9-1_13-44-45.png

• Like Like x 3