The Great Malle Rally

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by beerkat, Nov 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I signed up for the Great Malle Rally today, along with my brother. Just wondering if anyone else on here has done the same or is thinking about it.
    For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, on June 22nd next year 100 riders set off from Penzance to the north of Scotland via 1500 miles of the most scenic roads in Britain, mostly B-roads. It's over 6 days (6 stages) and around 250-280 miles/day. There are back-up vehicles to sort out mechanical problems or even carry the bike if necessary, as well as transport your gear. At the end of each stage a luxury campsite will be waiting; proper beds, fresh bedding, hot showers and gourmet meals, with entertainment should you wish it. At the end they transport your bike to one of several drop off points.
    Proper long-distance bikes are frowned upon (so no modern Tigers I'm afraid), in fact they specify bikes to be 'inappropriate', or at least in the spirit of 'inappropriateness'. We're using our 2017 Bonnevilles.
    If you're interested and fancy the challenge go to the Great Malle Rally 2020 website.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #2 Eldon, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Sounds great fun.
    At the IOM ManxGP in 2017 we met a van full of blokes and sons on plaggies (Honda C50,70 or 90s). We were all on decent road bikes but kept seeing them all over the island and on one occasion they'd been greenlaning :)
    This rally youve signed up for appears to be in a similar frame of mind to these guys and should be a right laugh.

• Like Like x 1
  3. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Yeah, hope so. Not sure how I'll cope with 6 consecutive days on the bike (my record is 3!..I'm no round the world biker) but each day starts at 10am, so no getting up at dawns crack, and they're expecting people to arrive at the next point around 4-5pm. Won't be a piece if piss but hopefully bearable. Once in a life time and all that malarky.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    A good mate of mine many years ago had a secretary called Dawn ......:blush: and i used to often rib him about what time he got up!

• Funny Funny x 3