Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

The Brexit Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dozers Dad, Nov 15, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Well Johnson, Davis, Rees-Mogg and Raab certainly do not support the Backstop for starters. I doubt Leadsom and Fox do but are playing this out to the end hoping (with reason) the Withdrawal Agreement won’t survive Parliament anyway.....

• Like Like x 1
  2. figwold

figwold Senior Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Bedford
    I’m sure they don’t, now. Key word being now. But they agreed to it in Dec 17...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    #1103 Callumity, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Now you are straying into the realms of fiction. HMG did not agree the Dec 17 EU text and when May unveiled her Chequers plan which accepted the idea in Jul 18 Davis then Johnson resigned. JRM was never on Board and the rest were nominally inside the tent but often p**ing out through the cracks in Cabinet responsibility. Raab resigned when she, TM, would not reject this and other elements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. figwold

figwold Senior Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Bedford
    Very good! Shoulders sloping nicely. Clearly you pay a lot of attention too ;)

5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Your shoulders, not mine.....and tefloned too!

• Like Like x 1
  6. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    To be honest you've certainly kept me entertained Figwold but to be honest I have never taken you that serious at all, reason being like you I knew I was correct in my own personal reasons for leaving.
    Immigration, Fishing, Own laws, Own Control,etc etc

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. figwold

figwold Senior Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Bedford
    Understand TEZ, but I would worry about fishing tbh. I’d put money on us allowing the EU fishing fleets into UK waters as part of any trade deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    Delvin Ireland
    • Like Like x 9
  9. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Wow fancy mentioning that fine honest European Commissioner and the future president of the EC in the same post !

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Perhaps best not go there.......

11. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Heath sold out the fishermen, of course. Licensed access while our industry ramps up makes sense.......

12. figwold

figwold Senior Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Bedford
    I think it is too much of a political risk for Macron if his fishermen (having bought quota from UK boats) are not able to fish in UK waters, so I expect it will be used to blackmail us, along with Gibraltar and perhaps Cyprus.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Blackmail......so you are finally getting the hang of this EU thing?!

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Privateer

Privateer A legend in his own mind.
    Subscriber

Jan 2, 2017
    Derbyshire
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. figwold

figwold Senior Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Bedford
    Well I was waiting at the station, and ...

• Like Like x 1
  16. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Camelford & Sevenoaks
    along came Michel Barnier, Donald Tusk and twenty other ar$e licking euro types. Couldn't help but overhear one of them say, our agent "Figwold", is doing a wonderful job of spreading "ze" BS on that lager swilling, sun reading Triumph forum:p:D:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    #1117 Callumity, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    However, inherently improbable.......the Politburo fly private jet everywhere
    2018. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-private-jets-half-official-visits-year.html
    2017.https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...er-commutes-to-Strasbourg-by-private-jet.html
    2016. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...expenses-row-private-plane-rome-a7885326.html

18. Vecchio lupo

Vecchio lupo Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2018
    Stuttgart
    Gentlemen,
    I have been following this issue very close and I put great stock in the thoughts and opinions of the people who are effected the most. I also acknowledge that as an American (aka Ungrateful Colonial) I don’t have a dog in this fight and can only observe.

As an American, culturally, we will almost always come down on the side of independence. Screw those guys we don’t need them is kind of our thing. My worthless opinion is welcome back to the Adult Table, you guys , us, Canada, and the Down Under crowd make one heck of a team and I’m glad to have you back.

Yes I’ve read all 56 pages

• Like Like x 10
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Well having read all that you most certainly deserve your say Sir, and extra medication this evening, beginning with a double helping of colonic irrigation to rid your body of the extra bullshit intake.;);););):eek::mask::mask:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Hmm. Only once place you might go to read all 56 pages at a sitting in which case you definitely need a purgative!!

But I totally share the sentiment ...........totally.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1