Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

The Brexit Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dozers Dad, Nov 15, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MadMrB

MadMrB Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd I have your medication...
    Subscriber

Jan 13, 2019
    Forum Asylum Nursing Office
    still makes me laugh..... (from 1m44s)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rooster

Rooster First Class Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    A1AEA215-1750-4BE9-A726-E4433613D8E7.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rooster

Rooster First Class Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    33A83D20-CE9B-485A-A528-6E1861C24468.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Vulpes

Vulpes Elite Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. andypandy

andypandy Elite Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Well I think I'm going to have to join the Brexit Party. With the majority of MP's set on thwarting Brexit one way or another it's looking like the 17 million are going to be right royally shafted ! :mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Just as long as our neighbours understand our issues are with the crock of an institution the so-called Union provides and not the continent of Europe or its people.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    It also helps Triumph as Thailand just so happen to be in ASEAN - a free trade agreement beween south east asian countries which includes China, India, Australia and several others.
    After a no deal brexit, the UK will lose its free trade with the 27 EU countries and 60 other free trade agreements that we had as a member of the EU.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. bogg

bogg Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    west sussex
    Guy Fawkes ..love it. ..nail on the head

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. MadMrB

MadMrB Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Not for long...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1065984/brexit-news-jeremy-hunt-singapore-trade-deal-CPTPP-ASEAN

https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...alia-trade-deal-uk-brexit-no-deal-theresa-may

https://news.sky.com/story/japan-opens-door-to-uk-membership-of-tpp-post-brexit-11521148

And our biggest export trade partner wants more trade too:
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...ade-uk-us-deal-eu-latest-theresa-may-liam-fox

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. MadMrB

MadMrB Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    • Like Like x 4
  13. PeteZ

PeteZ Active Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Pilgrims Hatch
    So, basically - Jeremy Hunt "reveals plans" so nothing agreed yet, is it? (plus ask anyone from NHS what they think about his impact on the state of affairs now)

Japan opens door, their minister is keen, but the rest of his cabinet less so plus they all admit there is work to be done, so again, nothing agreed yet at all.

Donald Trump says trade will be biggly increased, of course he does, he wants UK to leave, so mass produced beef, chlorinated chicken, GMO soya here we come, plus yet again nothing actually agreed or signed.

That only really leaves Australia that actually physically signed up for something. Australia is no27 in the current trading chart with UK. You actually have more trade with Czech Republic (probably the beer) than with Aussies.

Hmm, dunno, remind me again when is the deadline for brexit..?
    If a no deal is considered, shouldn't all of the above plus shed loads more been agreed like a year ago or something or maybe even straight from the start of A50?

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Crème de la Crème

Aug 14, 2016
    Nottingham
    I did 150mph on the A50 once. Or is there another A50? :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. PeteZ

PeteZ Active Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Pilgrims Hatch
    Heh, that is a naughty speed category, only did that in my Golf R in Hebrides and even in that it was way too much.
    From starting Article50, seems to me the negotiations were more like 15mph :p

16. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    Delvin Ireland
    A bit difficult to come to agreement on these issues when there wasn't a no deal brexit issue then as we were supposed to be negotiating with europe.

But due to the attitudes of those in europe wishing to do more along the lines of punishment than negotiation it took some time to arrive at the point we're at now, so not really surprising that deals have not yet been signed.

On another point has anyone else noted the rising tensions within the EU particularly Italy & France at present.

I see the EU crumbling as this progresses and more and more countries dissatisfied with the way the EU is progressing / evolving.

Perhaps the way the UK has been treated by the EU bullies is causing consternation amongst some of the other inmates as they see how any problems they may have in the future being dealt with in a similar manner and don't like what they see.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Benbecula runway is surprisingly long.......

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member
    Subscriber

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member
    Subscriber

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Virtually every time I go to Donington Park I use the A50 and it never fails to rain at some point.

Hope it wasn’t raining when you were tramping along the A50 Al.

20. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Crème de la Crème

Aug 14, 2016
    Nottingham
    Not my proudest moment in truth. I wanted to get home and this clown in a big Merc wouldn't get out of the way. He accelerated, as did I, and on it went until he gave in. Thought I'd done with all this pissing up lamp posts. But as they say, I was younger then-it was last week :p

• Funny Funny x 6