The Apprentice

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by stollydriver, Nov 14, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Anyone else watching the social reprobate laden current series. Makes me feel like I should of been an astronaught. Where the heck do they fine them...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Each series picks the weirdos for entertainment , then the all do it. Then our lives are full of aholes, that are held up as examples for us. Someone has decided theres no entertainment in having rolemodels as rolemodles. Weirdos

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    This.

It's why I never watch it. One of the guys I used to work with about 15 years ago was in the selection process for The Apprentice but he was a highly competent businessman with genuine drive, excellent management skills and common sense, so he didn't get through. He told us about the "auditions" and the wide variety of candidates he met and he was shocked at the naivety and lack of experience of most of them who at the same time had a massively over-inflated ego and misplaced belief in their own abilities. And of course these are the ones that flounder and fail at the tasks, making for good boardroom clashes and arguments. Not for me thanks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I think it's all about trying to make good telly (in the beebs eyes!), throw together a load of hapless twats with over inflated egos and set them fairly simple tasks, then sit back and watch the carnage!
    If you believe the hype all of the winners seem to go on and have successful business ventures with Grumpy Al!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    If it's on the telly, be it The Apprentice, the "X" Factor or "Strictly come bore me" it's there for one reason and one reason only - to make the producer or TV company money. Therefore any candidates or contestants will be carefully chosen to make it entertaining and watchable. No point in being good at something!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    My Mrs was telling me about it last night, and we were thinking about how various of her work colleagues would do on The Apprentice.

Trevor would be too busy fannying around with the staffing roster for the other team’s task to actually do what he was meant to be doing.
    Allison would be shagging her way out of being brought into the board room despite being absolutely useless.
    Roy would just call Alan Sugar a c*** and get himself fired.
    Kerry would come up with workable ideas but be so quiet that nobody would hear them.
    Sam would come up with the problems that the tasks present but nobody would listen because they would be too busy working on their own agenda, get frustrated, take Kerry with her and they would go off to do the task while everyone else is still arguing.

It seems that most of the candidates have had a common sense bypass.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Yep and an IQ smaller than their shoe size!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    Yep - the only way their IQ would reach double digits is if it were expressed in binary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

When my TV packed in I was in two minds as to replacing it. The winning argument was "Ive always had one, and everyones got one" thats the best I could come up with.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I find it funny . They are so thick . The episode when they named an airline Pop Air :confused:......the intelligent levels really need topping up :scream:.All they seem to do is slag each other off. They got rid of the coloured guy last night , I liked him. If Sugar can find one good one out of that lot then i'm surprised his still in business.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #10 Sprinter, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Its the same problem with car programs and build shows, the tv crews dont have the patience to film what needs to be done, or the details of how to do it.
    Just ,heres a car, voice over of what needs done ,shot of the start ,no middle, profit, and see you next week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Colin Morgan

Colin Morgan Active Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Portishead
    Can't watch the program personally. Much prefer "I'm a celebrity" at least the Z listers are getting their just deserts for the pain they have inflicted on the viewers in the past o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Do we think Harry Redknapp is going to get very annoying very quickly on this season's GMOOH? I think he'll become a lazy irritant and expect everyone else to run around for him.

• Agree Agree x 1