Featured Rocket Test Ride Rocket 3 R

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Bryf, Jul 9, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Seems a bit ironic and hopefully it's not disrespectful posting this when Dilligaf has just traded his in, but I went for a 2 hr test ride on a Rocket 3 R this morning, what a fabulous piece of engineering!!!!, was hugely impressed, it is such an awesome looking machine in the flesh, I was expecting to feel a bit intimidated by it but couldn't be further from the truth, I felt at ease straight away and although it is a huge machine it seemed lighter than I thought it would, I think maybe due to it's low centre of gravity. The torquey power is fantastic and it is so responsive, the only downside for me is the ground clearance, I just continually grounded it on the first half dozen corners when I first opened it up a bit so I had to rein my riding back a bit which was a pity as it handled brilliantly! Sadly though the price is pretty mad as well and maybe a step too far for me to justify, a wonderful bike though!!!! By the way when I got on my Speed Twin to come back home it felt like a I was sitting on a toy bike with the difference in size. :laughing:

07D73F12-68F8-469D-9C62-23500F574C2F.jpeg

07D73F12-68F8-469D-9C62-23500F574C2F.jpeg

• Like Like x 18
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

No doubt about it mate they’re bloody impressive :cool:
    Everyone should have a go if they get the chance :)
    I don’t regret getting mine I regret not being able to relax and enjoy it :confused:

• Like Like x 15
    • Love You Love You x 2
  3. FatLadsRacing

FatLadsRacing Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2019
    South Shields, England
    Have missed any posts that you have traded yours Dilli. Why the trade and what did you get?
    FLR

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Just wasn’t enjoying it even though it’s the most phenomenal/impressive bike I’ve ever been on :confused:
    Strange I know but it’s gotta be enjoyable and I just didn’t gel with it :(
    It’s weight was also hurting my shoulders and in some respect I spent more time worrying about things instead of having fun :confused:

its gotta be fun :p

oops forgot the other part of your question :eek:
    I’ve gone for a Tiger 900 GT Pro:p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. FatLadsRacing

Apr 18, 2019
    South Shields, England
    Hey Dilli, totally agree, we ride these things for fun. Love the new Tiger 900. Strange though, I've ridden a GS and a Multistrada, got off both saying what fab bikes, then, wouldn't buy one. Guess I just get on with the road bike style.
    Enjoy the Tiger, am sure you will.
    (By the way, I think you know a pal of mine, Micky Reid. Both of us rugby guys.)
    Cheers. FLR.

• Like Like x 2
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yeah I know Micky :)
    He’s supposed to be my gaffer at work :joy::joy:

I give him a hard time at work :imp::p
    We were next door neighbours when we were kids :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. FatLadsRacing

Apr 18, 2019
    South Shields, England
    Further to above Dilli, I bought a new 1200 Monster in 2014. Having Ducati blood thought it was a perfect match, having raced Dukes and had several road bikes. It was possibly the best Duke I ever had but for some reason, didn't gel. Sold it 12 months later & took quite a hit. Such is life. FLR

• Like Like x 1
  8. FatLadsRacing

Apr 18, 2019
    South Shields, England
    Re Micky, torture the fecker, :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Don’t worry I do :joy::p

• Funny Funny x 2