Test Ride On The Rs Today

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Clarkey231, Apr 6, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Had a long awaited test ride today on the RS. Enjoyed it a lot. Impressed by the suspension, not to harsh and lovely and supple. Brakes are amazing frankly coming from a 2014s.

The bike tipped in and held a line lovely, dunno if that was due to Super Corsa tyres or what but seemed more responsive. I stopped and messed around with the modes and when I put it in Sport I much more enjoyed the throttle response and smoothness, must be down to my legendary light touch!

In road it was a bit laggy I felt. Dealer said don’t worry to much about Rev limits but couldn’t bring myself to thrash a new bike!

Overall was great, smoother, very quick to spool up and looks great.

• Like Like x 4
  2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    The Super Corsa is a far more pointed tyre than most of the other tyres out there and is one of the main reasons it tips in so smoothly :) So the big question is are you going to buy lol

3. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Ha great well that answers me question ref turn in.

Yes I am gonna buy. Just gotta wait a month or two at the latest. I’m going for white also.

4. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    The best and only colour lol, also the fastest :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Andybow

Andybow Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    Clarke, did you take the bike out from bridge?
    I rode it yesterday

6. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Ha yes I did. About half ten. What did you think?

7. Andybow

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    Loved it, amazing bit of kit

8. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Gonna get one?

9. Andybow

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    I set myself a goal to not change this year, I got my MT10 in August 2016 and don’t want to loose to much on it!
    Doubt that’s gonna happen now, Need to ride the mt10 more when the weather gets better, it’s a great bike let down by a few things, it’s definetly built to price. Loved the speed, really is a lovely thing

• Like Like x 1
  10. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Fond memories of Bridge. My son went to Exeter Uni in the 90s, and I called into Bridge on the way back from dropping him off. Saw a nice Honda VFR750fr that I fancied. I told the salesman that I had a bike to part-x, but that I lived 200 miles away. Based on a photo and my description, he made me a really good offer, we shook hands and the VFR was delivered to my house 3 days later and they took the old one away. Brilliant experience.

I hope they are still as good to deal with, and enjoy your RS.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Yes I’ve bought 2 bikes off them and always found them good for a main dealer. Much better that my local Ducati dealer. New RS isn’t ordered yet but hopefully won’t be long!

12. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Yes I’ve bought 2 bikes off them and always found them good for a main dealer. Much better that my local Ducati dealer. New RS isn’t ordered yet but hopefully won’t be long!

13. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Blimey! Bridge still going? We used to ride out to Bridge on Saturdays from Lyme Regis back in the late 70's & drool over what we couldn't afford

14. Clarkey231

Clarkey231 Noble Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Exeter
    Yes they are considered a big dealer down here now. I’m in there 2/3 times a week doing the same! They have a new cafe named 53 after when they were started I think.

I know main dealers get some stick but I like them in there to be honest.

15. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Wife got her Street Triple R (used 64 plate) from Bridge, they gave good service.

• Like Like x 1