test for music quiz..let me know if it works!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dougie D, Dec 21, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #1 Dougie D, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    test for music quiz..can someone tell me if it works!!!

2. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #2 Dougie D, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    this is just a test to see if i can put music clips up,the only way seems to be if i put them as a zip file (the zip file is below) then you would have to click on them and save file to your computer and play with your music player on your pc..just double clicking on the file should automatically open up your music player

Attached Files:

• 09.zip
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
  3. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    if it doesn't work you might have to "extract all" after you have saved the zip file (there should be a box at the top that says extract all) and save files to your computer

4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    If i did a music quiz the name of the song would not be shown like in the test files!!..If anyone is interested let me know and if there is enough interest i'm make up say 20 clips to see how it goes

5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    that's good Ade,yeah I'd make sure the names were removed before putting any up for a quiz, So you didn't have to go to the bother of extracting all files? i wasn't sure if that needed to be done or not

6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    did you save the file to your computer then double click on them?

7. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    that's good i was hoping that would be the case,my son is here tonight otherwise i wouldn't have had a clue what to do!

8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That might be the problem,maybe it will only work with certain phones if any :confused:..are mobile phones not the work of Satan too:eek:

9. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Clicked on zip file in OP, chose 'open with other', selected '7-Zip', clicked each track inside 7-Zip i.e. didn't extract them) which then played in 7-Zip. I'm gonna hazard a guess that track 04 - Bad Moon Rising.wav is John Fogerty and Creedence Clearwater Revival from their 1969 album Green River, which I've got on original vinyl, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the song. It' not Proud Mary is it? Or was that on the next album? I think I'll be $h!t at the quiz mate. Still, give it a go. No friggin' xmas friggin' songs though, promise.

10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    They were all CCR Proud Mary, Bad Moon Rising & Fortunate Son. they are of the album "Chronicle 20 greatest hits" my son downloaded a free music editing package so I'm able to take any length of clip from anywhere in the song and save it. but this site doesn't support putting on sound clips,I'm thinking there must be a better way to do this so rather than folk having to save the files to their computer before being able to listen,I'm thinking it might be possible to put the clips on a youtube video and put a link here, but I've never posted anything on youtube so I'd have to look into this:eek::confused:

11. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I know they were all CCR, I was just kidding you. They are from Bayou Country, Green River and Willy & the Poor Boys albums in that order.

You don't need to save to computer and then extract. Just click on the zip file, choose 'open with other', find your your Zip Ap to open, I use 7-ZIP, then click on each track and it will play. All very simple. But no Xmas songs ;)

12. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Worked OK for me Dougie - Track 04 is titled bad Moon Rising though!
    I just clicked on the link and it saved the file to my Downloads - one click and it opens and one more click and the track plays.

13. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yeah it seems to be working fine that way Steve, it doen't seem to work on mobile phones,not sure about the likes of amazon fire tablets and similar? i've been trying to create a youtube account but i'm having a few problems :(:eek::confused: i'll have to wait until my son visits again:oops:

• Like Like x 1
  14. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Just tried it on my Samsung Galaxy and it worked ok . It downloaded the file and then I clicked the extract tab, which came up and then used music player to hear it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Worked ok for me

• Like Like x 1
  16. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    As long as there are some Adam and the Ant questions you will be fine DD,,, :p:p:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Not forgetting Bay City Rollers !!!

18. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Create a gmail account in your usual browser then use the 'sign in' button on youtube page and it should be pretty much automatic.

19. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    How funny would that be, racing Lewis in my Ford CMax diesel, I would pmsl, just imagine sat on the start line revving the engine trying to be all big and hard, faf :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    it doesn't seem to work on DDs phone
    when i log into youtube it says a name has not been set for this account:confused: i'll probably just do it as files,it might be into the new year though before i do it