Tec Centre Stand

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by BykerBry, Jan 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BykerBry

BykerBry Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire
    Has anyone fitted a TEC Centre Stand to a Speedmaster? I have just bought and fitted one. All very straightforward but it is very hard to lift onto the stand and it is easily pushed forward when I do eventually sum up enough strength to get it onto the stand.
    Instructions say to file off some metal from the stops which I have done twice and while there is an improvement it can still be pushed lightly from the rear and will come off the stand.
    How much more do I need to file off? Any experiences anyone??

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate
    I fitted one to mine :)
    Had to remove it twice to file it until I was happy with it :confused:
    If you need to take more off then that’s what you’ll have to do if you’re not happy with it :(
    It is the worst bike I’ve ever had to get it on the centre stand :( but it gets easier with practice :)
    I keep meaning to remove mine and weld on a bigger foot pad because it’s too small and hurts my foot even through thick soled motorcycle boots :(

3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    AAHAA Me feels another Dilligaf BIG Build on the way !!!!
    I can't wait marra ;);):D

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Don’t hold your breath mate :(
    The centre stand was one of the first things I did to my BPOS and it just keeps getting forgotten about :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  5. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    I debated on fitting a center stand to my bike, but decided since the street cup has the option to use bobbins through the axle (tec kit) I went that route. I hope I don’t regret not getting the center stand.

6. BykerBry

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire

Hi Dilligaf, nice to hear someone else had the same trouble . Terrible design so maybe that’s why they are cheap.
    I have removed it twice to file away so I will try again and hope I can’t take too much off.
    It is a pig to lift up as well. Found the Bonnie was tricky at first but have got the knack now so hopefully the Speedy will work out the same.
    Thanks for your input.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BykerBry

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire

Cruiser stands are great at home but a centre stand is the only way when you are out and about. But if they don’t hold the bike then they are a total disaster.

8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

The Tec centre stand came with a lifting handle mate :)
    I mostly use the centre stand when my bike is on the lifting bench in my garage :) not a lot of room for error:confused:
    I can get it on the centre stand ok...it’s just that it’s the worst bike I’ve had to do this :eek:

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Older Rider

Older Rider New Member

Aug 16, 2022
    Lincolnshire

10. Older Rider

Older Rider New Member

Aug 16, 2022
    Lincolnshire
    TecBike told me they do not produce a centre stand for a Speedmaster, did they ever produce one for this Triumph, they also do not produce progressive fork springs for the Speedmaster?