Tec 2 Into 2 Shorty Long Term

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Ricobanko1977, Sep 5, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ricobanko1977

Ricobanko1977 Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Lymington
    I've been thinking about getting the tec 2 into 2 shorty but I was wondering how they hold up long term? I've read reports of them corroding somewhat. Also from pics I've seen they seem to discolour quite badly. Sound wise they are awesome though from what I've heard

2. Hogster

Hogster Active Member

May 12, 2016
    Devon
    Yep have the tec2-2 not perfect welding but as said value for money. Keep on top of the cleaning and they look great!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ricobanko1977

Ricobanko1977 Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Lymington
    I didn't realise you could remove the browning as I thought it was the heat baking the pipes and turning then a different colour. Good to know it can be removed with a bit of effort

4. Ricobanko1977

Ricobanko1977 Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Lymington
    Any chance of posting a pic of the pipes?

5. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I've got a Tec 2 into 1 Tracker system. Welds seem ok to me and I quite like the 'industrial' look of it. Mine has gone bronze, but it is pretty evenly toasted, and I really like the colour personally. They are stainless steel so wouldn't have thought they would actually corrode as such, even if they are not the best quality of stainless. I have not seen any pipes that don't discolour, including stock and Arrows.

• Like Like x 1