Tec 2 Into 1 Exhaust

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Pete B, Dec 9, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pete B

Pete B New Member

Oct 21, 2022
    new jersey
    I'd like to put the tec 2 into 1 exhaust on my 22 st just for the weight savings and to get rid of the cat,and those giant tail pipes, but it sounds and runs so good im afraid to change anything, plus I could loose a little weight myself alot cheaper, has anyone done this on the new street twins

• Like Like x 1
  2. barneymusician

Jun 11, 2020
    Chiswick, London, UK
    This not the most helpful answer as not yet done but bought ( a year ago!) and will do next year when finally getting a home with a garage (or should I say "a garage with a home"?!). I'll post on results once fitted. Agreed on the personal weight reduction and tackling that too. I recommend the app NOOM (got me down 6kg to 80kg for my wedding 2 years ago) along with app Fitness Pal and free YouTube fitness programmes from the easy on the eye but insanely fit Caroline Girvan. All excellent but all be it brutal so ease yourself in, I've gone from a 2 in to 1 myself! :)

3. Pete B

Pete B New Member

Oct 21, 2022
    new jersey
    hey barney, best of luck finding the right garage with a home attached to it, not an easy task these days, im on the other side of things, just retired and selling my house with a garage i've been in for 35 yrs and downsizing to something smaller without a garage, im going to put up a big shed and hope that works out, if you have a bike you have to have someplace to work on it, thats half the fun, you've had those pipes for a year, your a patient man, I think by now I would have layed out in the road and bolted them on, I see your a musician, also a hobby of mine, goes well with biking for some reason, good luck and enjoy the ride

• Like Like x 1
  4. barneymusician

Jun 11, 2020
    Chiswick, London, UK
    Thanks for the kind words Pete. Congratulations on your retirement. I seem to have done the same as stopped being a Primary School teacher last July after 10+ years to take a break and it looking more and more like this might be the new path! Never nothing to do and the days filled - writing a book, house maintenance, playing piano, various projects. You very right on the patience as itching to get that 2-1 fitted (along with the Cam upgrade when TEC have it back in stock and a whole load of other parts I've bought!) but know I'll need a workspace for it. I've been placating myself in the interim with fitting smaller easier parts that can be done roadside such as header bolt covers, blacked out engine screws, Crafton Atelier saddle, clutch badge etc. We moving from London to the S Coast so if the home you downsizing from there then it might be me buying it! (now going to search the forum for "garage" - see how busy you can be when retired?) :)