Tec 2 Into 1 Exhaust - Fitting Questions

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by 45Brit2017, Sep 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    I’ve just bought a 2 into 1 exhaust which appears to be a TEC, mostly because it was cheap. I’m getting rather fed up of the uproar from the Dunstalls.

So, anything I particularly need to know about fitting it? The PO spent a LOT of money on the Dyno with this bike (I’d have left it stock and bought some proper shocks and a decent seat, personally...) I’m told that the 865 can’t self-adapt and needs re-tuning. I know a lot about carbs but have no experience of EFI, and my experience of electronic ignition is that “fit and forget” should be followed assiduously.

2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    All vehicles with an ecu can adapt ! It's just a matter of how quickly it can adapt, you can force adaption by starting the vehicles and just let it run for 12 to 15 minutes until vehicle has reached full operating temperature without touching/using the throttle ... !

3. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    If you hook it up to tune ecu there is a provision to reset adaptation i have done this several times after making changes to exhaust/intake etc

4. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    I have the 2-2 shorty from TEC. Tried a couple of different maps. Some people (Delboy) claimed that the bike runs smooth with the Arrows map. That was not my impression in the least. Far too rich, choking, and guzzling petrol (tried both with and without baffles).

In the end, the best map was the 20743, which is the latest version of the stock map. The bike did adapt. Runs really sweet now.

I have a DNA filter, although using the original snorkel. And I'm using the pipes with the baffles (was a bit too loud without them, didn't like to receive the same kind of frowning people give to most Harley riders).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    After trying many maps on the Bonny the 20743 was the smoothest but I was still getting the snatchy throttle the arrows ran rich and the 20507 Tors map was also rich after removing the 02 sensors and the SAI air system completely fitting a K@N filter with modified intake running Norman Hyde Togas eventually I bit the bullet and went for the TTP stage one map runs perfectly now not lean or rich lovely power delivery and no snatchyness fuel economy also seems better certainly has opened the bike up to a bit more BHP also.

• Like Like x 1