Te-1 Electric!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Greywolf55, Jul 12, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
  2. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Hopefully they'll produce a detuned version (60 BHP would be fine) so the range improves, with hopefully the same torque, and make it look more like a proper bike. Then I'd think about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    There is always Ducati , it is the sole MotoE supplier for next year ..their bike is of of course ...la bella .
    ( my other bike is a Ducati)

• Like Like x 1
  4. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    Seems some way off in practical terms. 20 minutes to charge what happens if there is a car in the queue in front 20 mins seems optimistic unless of course motorcycle specific charging points are rolled out in the future at strategic places. Imagine littering the country roads with charging points

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga

• Like Like x 1
  6. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    The whole sound or lack of on a bike is just weird.
    On the plus side at least I wont moan about you tube videos that are masked by music anymore as it will be more interesting than the sounds produced by the bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    It is 20min to 80%, not really game changing, quite normal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    It’s important to note that this bike has been developed as a learning curve so the production bike what ever connotation it hits the market as could be significantly different to what this offers.
    They state they achieved their goal which is hood news for the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Triumph have no plans to put this into production, they say at the spec it is it will be far to expensive to buy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ChessNibbler

ChessNibbler Member

May 29, 2022
    Orange County, NY
    I am very excited about this experiment and happy that Triumph is pushing the electric motorcycle platform. If I could afford something that looks like the TE1 with less performance as @Sir Trev suggests I would buy it just to support the effort and be one of the first.
    As for sound I agree that sound is an important part of the riding experience. I love the sound of my 2022 T120 when I give it gas in 3rd or 4th gear around the country roads in my area...it's just MARVELOUS. But on some level I have to tell myself that it's petty. That is arguably the sole reason many people buy Harley Davidson. They sound great. But that's such a "little boy" aspect and I feel kind of stupid...but there it is, it does matter. But the TE1 will make noise. Not noise you can hear across a parking lot as you would a Harley, but for the rider the "scream" of the electric motor might be excellent and enjoyable feedback.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    The cost would be around the same as the Ducati Superleggera V4, I am not sure why Triumph built it with such high spec parts knowing it would be out of reach for almost all but the very rich, the battery spec alone is cost prohibitive to put on any production machine, any future models will almost certainly be lower spec, slower charge times and heavier weight. I think Ducati will lead the way with electric machines, it will be interesting to see how they go with Moto E.
    When TT Zero ran, the bikes could only manage 1 lap at the speeds they achieved, future development may well produce machines capable of 2 laps, however I think that is way off in the future, also the faster a machine travels the hotter the battery gets, not to mention reduced distance travelled. There are no E Bikes at present that could compete in say the Dakar Rally, amongst other events. ICE machines are with us for a lot longer, whilst it is laudable to see the evolution of E Motorcycles amongst manufacturers, affordable everyday machine's are some way off.