TCX Explorer 3 - Goretex boots

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Hutchism, Jan 28, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hutchism

Hutchism Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Just thought I'd give people on hear a heads up for boots. Only had these boots for a couple of weeks now, but they are really comfortable and seem fairly solid, as well as being waterproof!

Is a discontinued model, so you can get them for £100, which is well worth the money looking at the quality and comparing them with other stuff on the market. Also they've been around long enough to stand the test of time, there seems to be a lot of positive/glowing reviews on them and I've yet to read anything negative.

If you need boots these could be the ones for you. I've got little feet and float between an EU41 and 42 (I managed to get my girlfriends heels on once after a few drinks(should I really be saying that kind of thing on the Internet)). The 41's are a really comfy snug fit. Hope that helps.

2. Hutchism

Hutchism Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Sh*t. It's out now. I'm a cross dresser? Really I'm not. I was on my way to being plastered and I couldn't even pull off the sexy walk!

3. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    #3 SteveJ, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    Where? How? and Who?

More info on how to obtain said boots please :cool:

lol posting after a few too many is never a good idea when the Trolls are lurking ...... Bry and Pi9 over to you then gentlemen

4. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    I've had a pair of TCX boots for 3 years now and they've seen just about every type of weather and proved comfortable and waterproof. Last year I encountered the worst rain I've seen in 40 years of biking. Five hours of torrential rain going south from Calais. Just about every bit of waterproof kit failed except the boots.

5. Bought a pair of these last year. My 1st pair of motorcycle boots so didn't have a clue what I should have been looking at or trying on. Just about everything I did try though was uncomfortable or even painful! Hard and unforgiving or loose fitting so that my heel would be going up and down as I walked.
    Began to wonder whether this was something you just had to accept in a motorcycle boot until the lady at Everything But Bikes in Chester suggested I try these as her husband swore by them.
    Definitely the most comfortable bike boot I'd tried - not up to walking shoe standards perhaps but not far off and certainly ok to walk around all day in.