TCX Custom GTX Boots Review

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Hedgehog, Jul 16, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Hi Guys,

Just finished a 1000 mile test of these -possibly the comfiest boots we've ever tested. Good enough for casual wear and walking around when off the bike. Protection levels are of course lower...but yer pays yer money...

Tried these on our Rocket III and Harley, but I think they're more than just a cruiser boot and ladies seem to like them too - :cool:

http://bigbikemad.com/tcx-custom-gore-tex-boots-review.html

Hedgehog tcx_customgtx_main.jpg

tcx_customgtx_main.jpg

2. This looks very similar to something I tried but found when trying it on that there was nothing to stop my heel sliding up and down when walking - a consequence perhaps of having to allow enough room to get them on and off without a zip to open them up? The buckle doesn't look as if it it provides much more than decoration...
    I guess it all comes down to foot shape.

3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    I know what you mean, but these are really good to walk in as the design prevents that kind of movement. They call it 'Comfort Fit', which means that its designed to fit the shape of a human foot by modelling it in three D on an anatomical model. I had no issues like that. The calf does adjust and that buckle is for practical purposes, not just looks. the lower buckle is really for decoration.

HH

4. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Look like a reasonable cruiser boot, I have still got a pair of Altbergs from Richmond in Yorkshire that I have had for the last 10 or more years and they also are a very good boot and used by several police forces although they are a bit further up the price range they are a great boot for riding and walking :smile:

Motorcycle Boots - Classic Styling & High Performance Boots by Alt-Berg