Tc Settings (and Other Stuff That's Not In The Owner's Manual)

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by mahmoth, Oct 1, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mahmoth

mahmoth New Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Belgium
    Can anyone explain what changes between the different levels of traction control on the Speed Triple RS and more specifically with the Track setting.

You can switch between riding modes as you ride except for the track mode for which you must be at a stop. But the same goes for the User riding mode if you've configured it to have either the ABS or the TC in set to "Track" or to "Off".

I understand that having the ABS set to "Track" means that it gets disabled when turning (based on lean angle). But what makes Track TC so different than Sport TC that it will on its own disable switching to User riding mode when not stopped?

Second question: is there anywhere I could find the power and torque graphs for this bike?

Feel free to use this thread to ask for other info that is not to be found in the manual (after having answered mine of course :p)

2. mahmoth

mahmoth New Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Belgium
    anyone?? :confused:

3. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    I honestly thought that the traction control and abs were constantly on but at different variants for the individual mode,
    Lean angle shouldn't switch either off, unless you disengage them in the home screen.
    I've tried all modes and can detect a change in the way the bike acts on the road but I've never switched the abs or traction control off..... yet

You have to be stationery to action rider or track modes, the others you can do whilst moving.

4. mahmoth

mahmoth New Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Belgium
    Well that's the thing. You don't necessarily have to be stationary to switch to Rider mode. But if Rider mode is configured with TC set to Track mode, you do have to be stopped to switch to it. I don't think Track mode on TC turns it off since there is a separate 'off' setting.
    But I wonder what is drastically different going from Sport to Track mode for traction control that they do not let you switch to it unless you are stopped.

For the ABS, the Track setting is indeed different than the others because only in that mode does it take lean angle into account. "Cornering ABS" they call it. Articles have simplified this by saying "it switches off ABS when turning" but I also doubt that this is really what happens.

In any case, when it comes to ABS, I do understand how there is a major difference between Track setting and other settings. For traction control, I do not.

5. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    #5 Richard Neale, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    I think it's conering ABS off in track mode... Presumably TC becomes less intrusive the more sporty you go.. to wheely you need TC off ... There is a chart in the nanual iirc. Not seen a torque curve but the journo's bikrs seem to be around 141 RWHP. Maybe Hilltop could provide a tourque curve if they are doing the S3RS ECU upgrades ? I just messaged Hilltop on this ..

6. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    #6 Richard Neale, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Power curves in Performance bikes larest edition with Rutter on Speed and Street RS
    15385881550981866588626226710187.jpg

7. Gasman

Gasman New Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Wales
    Yeah I’ve been wondering this too. Obviously the traction control becomes less intrusive the sportier you go but it would be nice to have some definitive explanations. For instance how high will it let you wheelie in each setting? Only one way to find out I guess....

8. Gixer7502

Gixer7502 New Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Peterborough
    TC in track mode lets the rear wheel spin up to 50% faster than the front wheel!!