tank pads falling off

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by christhrux, Jul 30, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. christhrux

christhrux New Member

Jul 7, 2015
    manchester
    hi all ive had my matt black thruxton r three weeks and two pair of pads have fallen off.
    just wondered if anybody else was having problems.
    bikes great though.:confused:

2. old git

old git Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    If it's a new bike surely this should be dealt with under warranty?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #3 TEZ 217, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Yep I agree with Old git take it back again, and again and again and again .....
    Also agree with DD body moulding tape is good stuff, I've never seen his toupee move ever lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    I bought my tank pads off eBay 2nd hand although as new, stiction obviously gone off though so I got 3m double sided tape from the Craft shop, works a treat, no sign of either of them coming off or lifting.

5. christhrux

christhrux New Member

Jul 7, 2015
    manchester
    cheers gona wait for youles to get back to me, when first set replaced they said it was a dodgy batch glue not stronge enough... will let you know
    looking for a decent tail tidy are there any about?

6. Wag

Wag Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    exmouth
    I think some people don't realise they're an add on. I bought some, within week 1 both were half off. I retried carefully , they've been ok for about a month now. I thought i'd maybe put em on when the temp' didn't match or left an air bubble in the middle .

7. bruce thomas

bruce thomas New Member

Same problem here! Fitted them carefully and used the alcohol wipe to clean the tank first. Right side keeps peeling off. Got a warranty claim in so let's see what happens.

8. Wag

Wag Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    exmouth
    That'll teach em to put em on in the factory instead of squeezing another 55 out of us. Mines matt black so my knees will shine it up without them