Tank Identification

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by petehellion, Dec 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. petehellion

petehellion New Member

Dec 11, 2018
    louisville ky
    anyone know what this tank goes to??thanks in advance

IMG_0207.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Yeah what Dozers Dad said , a 1990's T300 range triumph. They had 25 litre tanks all the same with the exception of the Thunderbird, similar capacity but a more rounded shape with less emphasis on the kne moulded section.!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Hello and welcome to the forum Pete

98636c6ee64925a19858f8a491d300d2 (1).gif

giphy (1).gif

4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Is it metal or plastic?

5. petehellion

petehellion New Member

Dec 11, 2018
    louisville ky
    metal

6. petehellion

petehellion New Member

Dec 11, 2018
    louisville ky
    yeah im looking to sell it i got it off the guy that sold me my speedmaster .

7. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Any chance of a pic of underneath ?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    #9 Adie P, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    It's from an early 90's Trident, Speed Triple or (I think) Trophy .... maybe 900 Daytona, too. The badge style and colour would suggest that it most likely IS from a Speed Triple (from memory, the only black Trident of the era had red painted tank panels) but that shouldn't really fetch a premium as it is identical (bar colour) to the Trident and others in the range at the time. Granted the cachet of the name might make it seem more valuable but it's only stuff unique or limited to certain models that is generating a premium. But I would say that, though, as I have a black Speed and would be interested to know how much you want for it?

If you want to get an idea of the "going rate" ask Trevor at Sprint Manufacturing, or the people at Triumph-Ant

Regards,

Adie

Oh, wait - Louisville, Kentucky? Hmmmm..... let me think about collection only? :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Just be aware that triumph had several different blacks throughout the range over the years which are all slightly different

Jet Black
    Diablo Black
    Assam Black

As fitted to Daytonas, Sprints & Speedies

So describing it as one or the other could be an issue especially if it doesn't match .................

• Like Like x 1
  10. petehellion

petehellion New Member

Dec 11, 2018
    louisville ky
    IMG_0211.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Definitely an early type tank, note the fitting point top RH of the tank in this picture for a fuel level warning lamp sensor ( screw in ). Some later tanks had a larger mounting hole for a fuel level sensor to drive a fuel gauge eg later Trophy models ( Bolt in ).

• Like Like x 1
  12. petehellion

petehellion New Member

Dec 11, 2018
    louisville ky
    im not looking to get top dollar just need to get rid of it ill take 75 plus the shipping