Sprint Tank Grips

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Blue Flame, Apr 13, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Blue Flame

Blue Flame Member

Mar 5, 2013
    #1 Blue Flame, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
    The tank is starting to get dulled already with my knee and tummy. Maybe it's just the black shows it up more but I didn't really have this as an issue with the SV.

Anyway I got some Eazi-Grip (the cut-to-suit pack) and it seems to do not too bad a job.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Good idea... When I had a black Street i got some Black vinyl (as used for car graphics) and did the same thing.

3. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Venture shield is also cleaver stuff, almost invisible and protects against stone chips.

4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    I tried Venture shield on my GSXR... Triumph do it as a kit.. Very good but I could not use half of the kit I had as my clumsy fingers struggled to fit some of the more complex bits......

5. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    I professionally fit it. The trick is to make sure all polish is removed from bike. Warm bucket of water & johnsons baby shampoo. Cut all the pieces out and submerge them in the water whilst removing the backing once they're wet your finger prints won't show and you just slide them into place and dab until they have set. For real tricky places just keep rubbing and rubbing until it sticks.

6. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    CC i did the easy bits and then lost patience... tried to fit the fiddly bits failed and then thought sod it...
    BUT it is very good and does what it says on the tin...
    Was thinking about it for the side of my tank coz of the ghosted in Union Jack... But i think my legs hit the carbon tanks panels i got from you so hopefully i wont wear the paint..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blue Flame

Blue Flame Member

Mar 5, 2013
    My problem was also the fact that the paint had already dulled, had rubbing marks, and wouldn't polish up so clear protection systems like venture shield would not be a suitable solution.

I am unsure about the end result for the spine at the mo (It looks better on the photo than in real life). I may resort to a plain black tank pad (if I can get the eazi-grip back off relatively easily?).

8. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Just warm it up with a heat gun or hairdryer to soften the glue & it should peel off easily enough.

• Like Like x 2
  9. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Bring the dulled paint back to life by mopping it with some Farecla G3 compound & finish with a decent polish to get it gleaming like new again. The G3 will cut out any fine scratches too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    I second that G3 and G10 (G10 is just a finer compound) awesome stuff for bringing paint back to its best and getting rid of the small marks. :upyeah: