Talk Me Out Of Doing Something Stupid Please!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tricky-Dicky, May 19, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    I am rapidly getting more and more stressed out my A hole neighbor have got a new sub and has once again stared to play his music (loosely classified) very loud over the last three weeks today i contacted the council noise team who have logged the complaint and i have been logging the occurrences but i cant record the very loud drum and bass it just doesn't come out on either the CCTV cameras so generously donated by you guys or my camcorder so i have resorted to using a spectrum analyzer app and taking pics of the screen with the peak hold just to get an idea of the levels.

Plainly heard in our living room even with double glazed windows closed and even when turned down the bass is always there...being a sensitive soul its really getting to me to the point i am fantasizing/contemplating arson, GBH and murder so far i know its not exactly sane but after all the previous problems over the last eight years its getting far to much to tolerate i have also reported one occurrence via the police online site and have also sent email to my local MP and councilors it may seem OTT but i am going to try every possibility, I have also spoken with my elderly neighbors that are also affected by this and they are also launching complaints but i suspect the outcome will be just like before he will be quiet for a short time and the whole cycle will start again that why i am starting to think outside the box so to speak i keep visualizing going around to visit with a big iron bar or machete to solve the problem....if you can think of another official track i would be interested before i do something really stupid....sorry for another rant guys but just stress the wife out even more if i rant to her.:worried:

• WTF WTF x 1
  2. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Don't know what to say mate definitely see your doctor before you crack then if you do there's a paper trail

• Like Like x 1
  3. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    What has this country come to, when if you accidently use a wrong word on the internet, old bill will be around in numbers quick as f#ck... but when people genuinely need help with a real issue, the authorities are no where to be seen :mad: makes my blood boil :mad:

I'm really sorry you are having to go through this shit Tricky.

Ducks' suggestion above is a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 11
  4. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    What... you have no "noise ordinance"? Find out, look it up, read it through to the very end and contact the authorities {and their bosses}.

I have found the anwer is in reading clear to the end of the ordinance. Doing so gave me the part that the cops failed to read {before telling me there was nothing to be done}.

We got calls AND apologies the next morning, along with some quiet. Good Luck.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Thanks for that :)i hadn't found that one its early days as far as this time/report goes but i will look into contacting them as all the previous problems should add up to a whole bunch of trouble... but dont i even emailed the CEO of the housing association over the last time but still got a load of bull this time i am just going to pour all my frustration into being a complete PITA to any authority and organization until i get somewhere meanwhile i have resorted to contacting the doctor for some help with the stress before i go all Law abiding citizen.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  8. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    Just shoot the f**kers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    Your local council will act in the end but you have to jump through a few hoops. When someone living near me, (but on the other side of the railway line), was having a VERY loud party in their back garden at 1am in the morning I phoned a number on my local council website concerning anti-social noise. I actually got through to a person who said I'd need two other people to complain about it to get a response. I couldn't believe that I was the only one to complain!! Anyway, I walked the area looking for houses with lights still on and knocked on their doors. I got two neighbours to also complain and, sure enough, someone actually came out at 3am looking for the party but it had, unfortunately, subsided by then.
    If this wanker does it all the time can't you get a group of your neighbours to get together, knock his door and tell him the error of his ways?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    Calling someone, without knowing what is actually written in the law, will get you a lazy, push it down the road response.... needing three complaints, given with a yawn, is a good example. That is about what I ran into, which was nowhere in the ordinance.

11. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    Pay some thugs to kick his door in and kick the shit out of him is that drug dealing I hear you say at his address and I could have sworn I seen a firearm,what a naughty neighbour he is somebody just phoned the cops from a phone box I hear you say

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cap City Murph

Cap City Murph Active Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Carson city nv.

13. Cap City Murph

Cap City Murph Active Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Carson city nv.
    My so called neighbor has been having his panic button on his truck go off
    At least ten different times truck is ten feet from or famly room horn toots
    56 times before he shuts it off!

• WTF WTF x 1
  14. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    I received an email yesterday from the housing association that rents to shite neighbor so the reply was rather condescending as the are as much use as the proverbial dairy-milk teapot.
    I am guessing that the letter to my local MP and local councilor may have prompted it, had a phone call from the said housing groups complaints woman and just got lots of excuses and buck passing...told her i thought they where next to useless but she is contacting the neighbor regarding the breach of contract by making excess noise so we will see if there is a kick off.

Last time he took his noise system from the garden into the house next to the party wall and played it as loud as he could because he couldn't be an annoying twat anymore...well for a while anyway...real mature wonder what he has in store this time.:rolleyes:

I have yet to give my noise logs to the council noise team but he seems to have stopped for the last three days wonder if my suspicions that he has inside knowledge is true as last time he seemed privy to info he shouldn't have...but maybe I'm just paranoid, Interesting snippet that said housing group person gave me was that the neighbor told her after the last threatening behavior and damage outburst was that they where going to write me a letter apologizing yeah right and even if they did it would be for show only followed by a quick knife in the back...anyway we will see what happens next.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I think your heading in the right direction, unfortunately you've got to become just as big as a pain in the arse to the people who can change the situation as your neighbour is proving to you , carry on the good work and wear the bastards down .:D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Castration is too good for some people......

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Get garden chair and sit in front of his lounge window for 30min at random times of the day. It will freak him out big time. There is not a lot he can do about it either as the police won’t be interested as it’s a civil matter. When he agrees to turn the volume down, you can stop looking through his window.