Featured Tale Of The Stolen Speed Triple (continued)

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Foxy1, Aug 31, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    Eyup chaps, you may recall my previous thread about my bike getting nicked, (Bike nicked), from 1st of June. As you may recall, my insurance company (MCE) wrote it off, sending me a list of damaged parts. After getting lots of great advice from Dozers Dad, I got my bike back, and a few quid to boot. The damage is minimal, in fact I've only washed it and have been using it since I got it back. The handlebar mirrors are damaged, but still usable, slight scuff on end of can, couple of scratches and a small crack on right side of belly pan, small dink in top of tank, small rip on back edge of seat, slight mark on clutch cover (not gone through paint) And that's it!!! No damage to steering lock, yolks, lock set, handlebar fairing or rad covers! I was laughing to misen as I looked round it. She started 2nd push of button. Well chuffed!!

• Like Like x 8
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Nice turnout from a shitty siutation. Ins anways overvalue work needed. I had a gsxr 750 with 1k miles on it...took it to a dealer said all parts and fitting £2.5k then insurance took it and said 5.5k!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Glad you got your bike back Foxy, albeit with some damage. I hope you get it back to top condition and still be in pocket. Sounds like you could get it all sorted for not too much. Good luck.

4. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Nice one glad it's turned out OK for you in the end . Let's hope The little scum bags get what they deserve :p
    Tucker

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Nice one.

6. Terry S

Terry S Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2018
    Volcano, HI
    [​IMG]
    Here is a pic of the dude who stole Foxy1's triple. Riding bitch for Satan in Hell. You're going to need that helmet on your other end, fella.

• Like Like x 1