Taking Bits Off

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by newT120, Mar 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    I've noticed a few Bonnie owners have removed the fugly rear lollipop reflector. I'd like to do this on my T120, but what's the legal position ? I thought that all bikes had to have a reflector of some sort fixed to the back of the bike somewhere ? If this is true, could I just get a little mini-reflector and stick it on the no. plate, or does it have to be a certain size ?

Also, does anybody know how hard it is to remove the tank badge and replace it with the 4-bar heritage one ? Is it just stuck on ?

Cheers all

2. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    stuck one of those little round reflectors on the number plate of the street triple I used to have and it passed

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    It's an MOT requirement to have a reflector, and with removal of the stock plate holder you need a small one stuck on the new plate lamp or similar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST

• Like Like x 1
  5. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    Thanks for the video COT.
    I'll order my new badges now !
    Cheers

6. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Enjoy they are greeaat

7. Eastbournemark

Eastbournemark Proud Snowflake

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    Thanks for this. I think Stuart Fillingham’s YouTube videos are a great resource and very nicely put together.