Tacho Wanted For A 2013 America

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by BIG AL, Jan 28, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BIG AL

BIG AL Guest

I've searched everywhere I can think of for a tacho for my 2013 (63) America. Can anyone tell me where I can find one or does anybody have one to sell me?

2. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Have a chat with @MrOrange , there was a thread about this back in the mists of time.
    Perhaps one of the other Forum members remembers which thread it was.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #3 TEZ 217, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Still got mine with the wires and diagram intact I never got the chance to try it out as I changed the America to a thunderbird it cost me 20 quid all in with the wiring kit, so 20 quid as seen plus postage

DSC00769.JPG

4. BIG AL

BIG AL Guest

Fell asleep while on page 4, just woke up and finally finished reading all 7 pages but it didn't have a happy ending. Did MrO eventually come up with an adapter kit?

5. BIG AL

BIG AL Guest

As far as I am aware the console is the same, as for the wiring I would need to take off the console to be able to see everything in there. I can't see a spare plug anywhere (if that's what I'm looking for).

6. BIG AL

BIG AL Guest

I'll have a look tomorrow. If does have the the plug where can I get a tacho?

7. BIG AL

BIG AL Guest

Thanks for the offer TEZ but I think I would be taking a risk of it not working.

8. BIG AL

BIG AL Guest

• Like Like x 1
  9. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #9 TEZ 217, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Yes that was my thought at the time but didn't mind spending 20 quid and taking a chance, but never got the chance to check it worked or not, I actually bought two Brand new tacho's, they do fit the aperture perfectly.

PS AHH WELL - More garage fodder :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  10. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Never got the chinese one's to work, gave up.

Triumph originals go for silly money. There are early one's and later EFi models, EFi are plug and play. Make sure you get the later one for your 13 plate.

• Thanks Thanks x 1