Trident T660 Luggage

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by SpeedTwin1200, May 14, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    Anyone looking for luggage options, I stumbled across this photo on the Givi website. Not sure if they have fully developed it or if it is a mock up, but thought I'd share it.

Givi copy.jpg

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    They look like throw over bags?

3. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Looking at the Givi website it says that 'the articles are in manufacturing'
    no indication of when they are going to be available.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    The MIssenden Flyer listed luggage or the lack of it, as one of the things the Trident falls down on. :(

5. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    So they do Samsgrandad, and they look like throw-overs Wessa. They obviously have a frame for them on the way. Just had another look and found this, bolts to the rear grab handle mounts and pillion pegs. I think it looks pretty good on the bike.

TE6419.jpg

Triumph Trident 660_21_lato_ST609.jpg

6. Panther

Panther New Member

May 25, 2021
    Halifax
    I bought the Triumph (Givi Tanklock) tank bag with mine. Looks lovely but I find it too big so it gets in my way when riding. I’ve used it once but not doing it again. I’m currently in discussion with my local dealer about it. Has anybody else got any experiences of the 660 tank bag, whether good or bad?

7. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    It doesn't seem to matter what a bike's suitability (or not) for adding luggage might be, someone will do it. I had a MV F4 ten years ago and if there was one bike that really didn't suit the addition of luggage that would be it, but then I saw one identical to mine complete with panniers and a tank bag. I suppose if it's the only bike you have and you want to go touring on it then anything goes!

8. Allan Robertson

Allan Robertson New Member

Jun 22, 2022
    East Kilbride
    The tanklock/seatlock bags have a 2kg weight limit, are the lock mechanism a bit fragile? Anyone have problems with them ??