T595 Top Yoke Change

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by Geoff Butler, Nov 2, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!
    Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    #1 Geoff Butler, Nov 2, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    Hi all,

I am starting a new Thread after a saga where the moto-cnc top yoke conversion I purchased does not fit my bike. I later found out from them that, despite the website saying it was suitable for a 1998 Daytona, it is for 43mm forks and not 45mm. :weary_face:

Back to the drawing board and I am now waiting for CNC Top Yokes to deliver this and I will update you with my progress all being well! :neutral:

Let the transformation begin!

97B493E7-694E-4B21-BEFD-88B2713438C2.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jugg

Jugg Senior Member

Mar 22, 2021
    Aberdeen
    Are you going full naked with it or just lifting the bars? I just made my daytona naked before it went pop and found it much more enjoyable, not that it was boring before but just more of a riot now:joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Geoff Butler

Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    I’m going to try just lifting the bars first because I am too old for clip-ons ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jugg

Jugg Senior Member

Mar 22, 2021
    Aberdeen
    I feel your pain, I'm 29 and my rice paper wrists couldn't handle them:joy: They are way more comfy than the clip ons

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Geof Butler
    Agree with you. Nice bike and an icon of triumph. Yes keep us all informed.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Geoff Butler

Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    Just posting this to hide the driving license Spam that’s all over the forum today :p

7. Geoff Butler

Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    I was starting to get worried because CNC Top Yokes happily took my money and automatically confirmed the online order but then it went quiet. After 2 emails and a text message spanning nearly 3 weeks I heard back from them yesterday and I should get the parts next week.:)

I can’t wait to get her back on the road after 22 years of ownership, 5 years off the road and with a more comfortable riding position. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Geoff Butler

Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    At long last, I have now received my CNC Top Yokes kit exactly 1 month after my order was confirmed and paid for! Communication was pretty bad with them at first but they did keep me informed for the last week, only after lots of chasing.

Anyhoo, here it is and I will post an update once fitted. o_O

EB385E40-D5DA-4E12-91F5-E8235AB46779.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Geoff Butler

Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    #9 Geoff Butler, Dec 3, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    Wow, that took about an hour to fit and will now take several hours to re-route cables, fit new brake lines and mount the reservoir.

The only unexpected snag so far is that the wiring for the left hand switch gear is about 4” short and their is no flexibility to extend. Is this a cut and graft job or is there another version for say a Street Triple that fits and is longer?

I would appreciate any guidance you have. :)

1E7B0755-2B16-42E7-9242-C4349F056A25.jpeg

10. Geoff Butler

Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    #10 Geoff Butler, Dec 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    I overcame most of the obstacles today and am pretty pleased with the results of my new CNC Top Yoke conversion.

For anyone doing the same job and looking for tips, here are some of the idiosyncrasies I found with fitting a new top yoke for a higher handlebar position. It may seem obvious to some but don’t forget to protect your tank, clocks and fairing before starting (I use old towels).
    1. Removing the old T595 top yoke is straight forward but removing the 2 headless bolts for the ignition is tricky. I used a small drill and was then able to undo the bolts with some needle nose pliers. Keep the 2 offset washers for reassembly.
    2. Extended front brake lines are needed
    3. The Clutch and Throttle cables should reach with a bit of re-routing
    4. There is 2-3 inches more length available on each of the left and right switch gear harness. You just need to cut the small cable ties under the fairing behind the headlights (very fiddly!)
    5. I used Renthal 758 22mm bars and they just slightly nudge the fairing in left and right hand lock positions (this is a UK MOT failure by the way)
    6. The left and right switch gear will need the small lugs cut or filed smooth if you are using generic bars (such as Renthal) and not standard Triumph bars
    7. I made a small aluminium L shaped bracket for the brake reservoir because the old one no longer fits
    Thanks for looking.

451FB970-477B-433D-8F0C-EAAE6658E9C4.jpeg

9697C902-5150-42AF-9962-81B4C828C357.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Geoff Butler

Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    By way of an update.

I have since fitted Renthal 754 Road Low bars that sweep back a bit more and miss the fairing, so no more steering lock limitations or MOT failure.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cerakote UP North

Cerakote UP North New Member

Sep 7, 2022
    Lancaster
    Hi Geoff, Im glad you got the kit fitted in the end, we have lots of work that comes in from ex (no names) customers due to the parts (especially triumphs) not fitting. I did tell you at the start of your order to buy renthal 754-01 bars as they would clear the fairing, we only use 758's on SV's

If you were advised by another company (no names) to use 758's then thats becuase they don't know which bars are right as they only machine parts they dont fit them or have any experience on them, also they reason you got the wrong yoke. But they draw people in with fake 50% discount offers and unfortunately people fall for it.

Anyway your kit looks awesome fitted. If you need anything just email me, we also cerakote parts now so not only do all our kits fit how they should, but they have the best quality material, the best design and also now the highest premium grade finish.

Anodised top yokes from other companies suffer from UV fading, salt corrosion, claening agents fading and mottled uneven surface finish.