T595 Gaytona Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Rossco196x, May 25, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rossco196x

Rossco196x Member

May 12, 2019
    Gosport
    Hi I decided to drag my original daytona out of the garage after leaving it for a couple of years very un loved.

I filled it with Fuel, reconnected the fuel lines and poured in about 10 litres of fuel.

After a good couple of cranks it seemed fairly obvious there was an issue so i checked the relay and 12 v at the pump and if i by pass the relay i can hear the pump running.

I've also tried pulling out the return fuel line and still i can't seem to get the pump to produce any flow.

What am i doing wrong

Thanks

2. Rossco196x

Rossco196x Member

May 12, 2019
    Gosport
    As an update the bike is now running again. i topped up the tank with fuel as i suspect there is a leak and then put a bigger battery on the bike and then cycled the kill switch a few times to confirm the pump was priming. After this i pullout the top fuel hose at the tank and this time there was evidence of fuel.

After about 5 prolonged crankings the bike fired up and wasn't firing on all cylinders but after about 2 mins or so the bike was back to its normal self.

• Like Like x 2
  3. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Welcome to the forum, glad you got it sorted :)

• Agree Agree x 1