T595 Front Fork Height Setting

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by Wheelnut, Jul 28, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wheelnut

Wheelnut Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2019
    Alston
    Been toying with the idea of dropping the fork yokes a tad to liven up the steering. Anyone tried this on a T595 Daytona?

The Triumph seems a bit of a brute to get round corners after riding my Ducati 750SS, which is admittedly a much lighter machine. Nevertheless, I can't help feeling that the T595 could be better than it is. Any thoughts?

2. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    Mine are set at 12mm yoke to top of tube. However, the best thing to make the bike nicer to turn is to change the rear tyre to a 180 profile. Makes the bike feel much sweeter handling.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’ve got my yokes flush with the tube top and a 180 section tyre and think it handles great. Nice and stable at speed, though my forks have benefitted from K-Tech springs and a revalve.
    I’ve found previously that dropping the yokes tends to make the front a bit twitchy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wheelnut

Oct 12, 2019
    Alston
    Interesting point about the rear tyre, especially as mine is about due for replacement.

Are we talking the same 50 profile but 180 rather than 190 wide? Or with a deeper profile to retain the same rolling radius?

5. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    It's a 180/55 which gives a more rounded profile making the bike easier to turn. The bike is a totally different animal with it fitted. The 190 tyre was more for the look.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wheelnut

Oct 12, 2019
    Alston
    Well, I dropped the forks to give 12mm showing above the top yoke and can report that it does make the bike feel a lot more willing to drop into tight corners and to switch direction through S bends. It somehow makes it feel less top-heavy and generally lighter and more responsive.

It's early days yet, but so far no apparent loss of stability through fast corners.

So far, the change is all positive, with no twitchiness noted on my bike so far, but I do have the damping rates set fairly soft.

Will change to a 180/55 tyre soon to see what effect that has.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    You'll find the tyre change makes the biggest difference. It makes the lardy old girl actually feel like it WANTS to take a few bends! You may not need the front set as low with it fitted. Let us know how you get on.

8. StuarT595

StuarT595 Active Member

Nov 19, 2020
    South West UK
    Hello and Happy New Year.
    Could I ask what brand you use?