T595 First Start After Head Gasket Fix :-)

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by StuarT595, Mar 31, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. StuarT595

StuarT595 Active Member

Nov 19, 2020
    South West UK
    I need to buy a cable for tuneecu to check the throttle bodies, but otherwise a good start.
    Forgive the exhaust blowing where the down pipes meet the bottom joint (do you use silicone, incidentally, and what?), but I don’t want to fix it all up, yet, not until I’ve decided on whether to get a new silencer or not!
    What’s your general thoughts, does it sound normal?
    https://youtube.com/shorts/y-Z1zobNRhk

2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Sounds pretty damn good to me Stuart, great job. Looks to be idling nicely even though the engine was still quite cold and it was responsive to the throttle. I’d hazard a guess that those throttles aren’t too far out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. StuarT595

StuarT595 Active Member

Nov 19, 2020
    South West UK
    Cheers, YM...can’t tell you how great it felt to hear it fire up without incident...I had a large and unfounded OCD list of things that could’ve gone wrong! I’m now going to take a couple of days to enjoy the moment before drawing up the next list for MOT!
    Chain needs tightening...it’s majorly loose, which makes me wonder why it hasn’t been kept on top of...I reckon that’ll be my next big project, dismantling the rear hub?

• Like Like x 1