T300 Exhaust Or Parts

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Oldyam, Sep 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Hi All

Anyone got any parts of or a full exhaust for a T300 ( 93 Trophy 900 ), looking to go back to a 3 - 2 instead of the 3-1 Remus system that's fitted.

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I guess that ebay may be your best bet if nothing is available from our inmates. Ivan at National Triumph, an ebay shop based in Wolverhampton, seems to be quite highly regarded by many although I've never used his services.
    www.triumphparts.gbr.cc aka Sprint Manufacturing, do a pair of chrome silencers:cool: at £189 which I have seen and heard fitted to a Trident 900 (not mine) and they seem more than adequate being both aesthetically and aurally pleasing - which is a strange way of saying that they look and sound nice. (Sometimes my brain goes into overdrive and my fingers get totally out of control:eek::confused: - sorry!:blush:).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Thanks @stevethegoolie I thought I'd try here first with the number of folks on here doing conversions there may just be some bits going.

If I get no offers I'll move on to the rest, what I have is a remus Innovations can ( carbon fiber look ) and a remus link pipe connected to a 3-1 header with some sort of link pipe between the headers part way down the front of the motor.
    Whilst the motor is warming up it runs passably well, but once its warmed through it's just not good enough.
    Pulls well in first and second from 2.5K but only runs well above 5K in the rest of the gears but goes like stink and is way too noisy for me anything below 5K needs a very slow steady hand and it Pops Bangs and Bucks like a so and so.
    I need to take out the airbox & carbs to see whats been done before I go any further with the rest of it.

4. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    This is the beastie

Oleg 5.jpg

Oleg 3.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I would think that somewhere herein there is a 3 into 2 system lurking for exactly the reason you suggest.
    It does sound as if the exhaust system you have on is destroying the bike's ability to run well.
    Just a thought ... are the inlet rubbers still okay? They have been known to perish with age, as that Mr. Havit, of this parish, found out with his 900 Thunderbird.

6. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    The carbs are coming out so I can see if its been rejetted or left std because it has a K&N air filter sticker under the seat, whilst I'm at it I'll have a look at the inlet rubbers, and replace them if they look iffy:(.

But my first instinct is the exhaust, I'm not a big fan of 2-1 or 3-1 setups never seen or had one that worked well. I much prefer single exhausts or balanced into 2 silencers:worried:.

But its possible its a combination of issues, I thought it was a coil or the pickup sensor going west the first time I felt it but a bit of juggling with the revs soon disproved that :cool:

7. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Completely with you on the balanced look.:)
    My Trident has a K&N filter fitted and needed no re-jetting with std or after market (lighter, noisier, less restrictive and chromier - chromier:eek:? Must have made that one up!:worried:) silencers, if that helps.
    Crank position sensor problems usually occur when the engine is hot (it stops!:mad:) and disappear when it has cooled down a bit (it starts again!:rolleyes:). You may already know this.

8. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Thanks Steve, stripped the carbs and air box out today .....
    Carb manifolds u/s cracked
    Air box inlets not fitted right & leaking air ( one was upside down )
    Fuel tap doesn't shut off, I found out with 2 galls in the tank
    #1 main 130 #2 main 127.5 #3 main 127.5
    Mixture set all over the map 2 t, 1.75 t, 2.25t
    K&N air filter fitted how well I will find out tomorrow as I'm working outside.

Apparently the headers are off an 885i tiger............

So I'm just making up an order list for WOT and looking round ebay etc for a set of exhausts to try and put this back near std then I can get it something like right. I'm aware of the crank sensor issue, thanks anyway, but it was definitely a carb issue and I'm more convinced of that now that I've seen the mess that's in there.

9. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Sounds like you are looking in all the right places and finding the answers.
    I did wonder about the down pipes to be honest, but different systems do seem to vary a fair bit.
    Good luck with it anyway - progress appears to be being made.:)

10. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Thanks for all your help so far, and, Yes it will be a long slow job as I have guys coming in to lay a concrete drive at the end of the week, then I can sort a decent garage as a workshop, somewhere to escape to.

Would you mind if I ask you for info about how things actually should be fitted / set-up as your trident looks as near factory fresh as I,ve seen anywhere, and this is as far from correct as is possible so far, it's going to be interesting which is what I need just now !

11. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    No problem. Will be glad to help if I can.
    The bike is mostly standard, but has a Givi Wingrack system, front and rear fender extenders, Goodridge hoses, K&N air filter, std and aftermarket silencers, choice of std or early Trophy handlebars (slightly lower which helps prevent road shocks shooting straight up my nowadays delicate spine) and a screen, so it should be a good reference if needed.
    Oh, and good luck with the building works!:)

12. matt botterman

matt botterman Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    sussex
    I have a set of fuel cans that would suit. Came off my 93 trophy. You would just need headers.

13. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    That would be great Matt, PM sent

14. matt botterman

matt botterman Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    sussex
    Pics they are quill not fuel! I've pm'd too

IMG_0127.JPG IMG_0129.JPG IMG_0130.JPG IMG_0131.JPG