T140 Bits Needed

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by joe mc donald, Jul 13, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Looking for a slave cylinder for my 1980 T140E Or a complete unit. Or info on dismantling the one i got.
    Joe

2. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    They're easy to do just a circlip a spring and some rubber seals buy a repair kit I think it comes with a diagram

• Like Like x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Rocker
    That's a fantastic bit of news. There is a little star like locating pin i thought i had to get that out. Thanks so much.
    Regards
    Joe.

4. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Well I hope I'm right Joe its been a while since I've had one in bits but definitely a serviceable part

• Like Like x 1
  5. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Joe, when I did mine long time ago they where AP Lockheed repair kits, I don't know if they still exist but there are various other versions even on e-bay

• Like Like x 1
  6. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    Joe. There is a small allen grub screw that locates the cyliner in tbe housing. Use some heat to remove the grub screw then the cylinder will screw out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Feckless
    Thanks i found the grub screw but some cowboy had been there first and there wasn't much of the grub screw left it was chewed to pieces. I tried to drill it out but really made a mess. But got it out and guess what it started working but i think i will replace anyway. Trying to build up and repair the grub screw area and try to re thread. If not i may just try to lock tight the new slave cylinder in there. I got this bike as a project and it certainly is turning out to be just that. And thanks everyone who chipped in here.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2