T120 Vance & Hines question

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Woznotwoz, Aug 15, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Woznotwoz

Woznotwoz Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Morecambe
    Hi
    I see Triumph are doing 2 different versions of the Vance&Hines for the T120. An EU and a US version - both versions are available in the UK.
    Now does anyone know which one is the most free flowing as regards it's emissions and depth of sound?

2. jeznewsome

jeznewsome Active Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Preston, UK
    US...as long as you get the dremmel out and remove the tab that prevents the circlip (that holds the baffle) being removed. Still not loud but the EU version effectively has a fixed baffle.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Woznotwoz

Woznotwoz Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Morecambe
    Thank you for the info - much appreciated.

4. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    No disrespect to Triumph or anyone whose fitted Vance and Hines but general consensus from a few is that they aren't an awful lot different or louder than the OE ones. I'm very pleased with the Remus ones I've fitted but looks wise they are different to the peashooter style. I'm sure there will be other makes such as TEC along soon as well

• Like Like x 1
  5. jeznewsome

jeznewsome Active Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Preston, UK
    The EU ones are quieter than the US one as the baffle is not removable. I was disappointed when I heard the EU ones but am very happy with my US ones, not too loud but a nice improvement over stock.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Woznotwoz

Woznotwoz Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Morecambe
    It will be interesting to see what the Norman Hyde Toga slip ons are going to be like.

7. Featherock

Featherock New Member

Aug 8, 2017
    Canada
    Late to the party here... but new to T120. Interested in weight difference between stock, V&H and Remus cans. Remus really sound good, according to You tube vids and according to one I had on my Tiger 1050 a few yrs ago. But I'd really like to retain the "vintage" look of V&H, as long as they're not too quiet and not to heavy. Pretty hard to find info. Would like to hear your comments. Cheers!