T120 Ttc Behavior

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by beding, Jun 18, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. beding

beding New Member

May 13, 2018
    Netherlands, Eindhoven
    Hi, last week I noticed that when driving away on gravel I could easily let my rear wheel spinning digging a hole in the gravel. This shouldn't be possible with ttc on, should it?

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Depend on the setting?

3. beding

beding New Member

May 13, 2018
    Netherlands, Eindhoven
    There is only ON and OFF for TTC. I have it always at ON.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. beding

beding New Member

May 13, 2018
    Netherlands, Eindhoven
    Today there was a car beside me before the traffic lights who wanted to pull up hard. So I did too. I made a small wheely while doing this.
    This tells me that the TTC ON the Bonneville is very bad or not working at all. Did anybody else also had this?

5. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Lifting the front wheel with traction control On should still be possible ! But it shouldn't be sustained , traction control monitor's wheel speeds, and only actsa if they differ by a margin of *% so the initial lift of front wheel is possible !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Lifting the front wheel with traction control On should still be possible ! But it shouldn't be sustained , traction control monitor's wheel speeds, and only actsa if they differ by a margin of *% so the initial lift of front wheel is possible !!
    As the front wheel spends more time OFF the road surface it will slow down and the speed difference will register and traction control monitor's will cut power and wheel will drop back to the road surface ...

Cheers capt.

7. beding

beding New Member

May 13, 2018
    Netherlands, Eindhoven
    #7 beding, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    I had a tiger800 before the bonny.
    I bought it new and when I changed it there was 30000 miles on.
    With this it was absolutely impossible to drive away on gravel with spinning rear wheel.
    TTC would kick in even before I notice spinning of the rear wheel.
    Also never got a wheely (didn't really try though)
    So thats why I doubt the working of the ttc on my bonny.
    Could it be that TRIUMP made it less sensitive deliberatlly on the Bonny?
    I hope it will work when really needed, e.g. during curves in the wet.

8. beding

beding New Member

May 13, 2018
    Netherlands, Eindhoven
    Can anyone of you drive away with spinning rear wheel and ttc on?

9. Martin Joseph Lowe

Martin Joseph Lowe Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Merseyside
    Hi,
    I’m new to all this and have tried no trickery and ride cautious,but I did notice a rear wheel slip briefly on a new road section,no speed/throttle abuse at all..so may have been oily from new macadam..traction control does not mean a wheel won’t slip..it wil kick in once that happens..so guess there will be conditions that we will experience blips...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    I suspect traction control will only become active above a certain speed (approx 5 -10 mph). It uses same sensors as ABS system (ABS not active = Traction control not active) Tiger designed for road & off road, bonnie not so sensitivity will be different

11. beding

beding New Member

May 13, 2018
    Netherlands, Eindhoven
    Yes that seems plausible.
    I tested in loose sand and it does work. Yes less sensitive as with the tiger. With the tiger I had to switch the off in loose sand. With the bonny I can drive away.