T120: Need Help: Where Is Ca Emission Sticker?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Evgeny Balashov, Nov 21, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Evgeny Balashov

Evgeny Balashov New Member

Nov 21, 2018
    California
    Hello. I'm trying to buy pre-owned Bonneville T120, but to register it I need to show my DMV a 50-state emission sticker on the bike.

Do you know where is it? Can any owner check, please?

2. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    I am not sure what DMV is looking for. I have been riding in Calif for 30 years and 3 different bikes. But all 3 were purchased new. So maybe the dealer took care of this. I am not aware of any type of sticker on my bikes. Any bike sold new in Calif must be California Air Resources Board (CARB) certified. So new bikes are pre-approved. Unless there is some new law.

I have a new 2018 Street Twin and I will look it over to see if some type of CARB sticker is there. There is surely nothing obvious or visible on the bike. Maybe under the seat.

3. Evgeny Balashov

Nov 21, 2018
    California
    #3 Evgeny Balashov, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    I'm going to buy an out-of-state bike and if I go to DMV myself to register it - I need to show the sticker. I had this experience with my current bike.

The sticker might be hidden under the seat or under the side covers. I really hope they didn't put under the tank.

4. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    its under the seat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    I found the emission sticker on my 2018 Street Twin. It was on the inside of the left side cover. See below and what it looks like. Wow, I learned something new !!

upload_2018-11-22_9-43-7.png

upload_2018-11-22_9-43-43.png
    upload_2018-11-22_9-44-22.png

• Like Like x 2
  6. Evgeny Balashov

Nov 21, 2018
    California
    That is awesome! Thank you very much!

7. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    The sticker just means that the bike met Calif emissions when it was sold NEW. If a used bike, a lot of owners change the bike. One example might be removing the catalytic converter, etc. for better performance. If the bike has any mods that affected the emissions, I am not sure what DMV does if anything. Maybe they just look for the sticker and that is it. I really don't know as I have never purchased a used bike.

Maybe others might know, or a local dealership that sells used bikes.

Good luck.